General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We did the Golden Triangle tour close on 15 years ago and for the first week we lived out of a rucksack each with minimal clothing and left behind a suitcase with our clothing, toiletries, electricals for the 2nd week when we returned to Goa via our first hotel stop in New Delhi.

I had my hair cut really short and bleached almost white and took some hair gel to spike it up each day.
Washed through lightweight shorts, vest tops and underwear and that was it.

But one of our tour group was a Captain for Air2000 and he had a freshly laundered shirt everyday which got sent to the laundry maid as soon as we checked in to our different hotel each night.

How the other half live, eh?

I always used to pack a pair of shorts, a vest top and a bikini in my hand luggage - just in case. ;)

Now I don't bother. I work on the principle I'm not going anywhere that's so uncivilised that I can't buy anything I may need for an overnight. Washing can always be done somehow...
;) yes we do that Cyprus when we go down to Palolem from Calangute. We've got two small back packs that have wheels/extending handle that we take as hand luggage and our big backpacks go in the hold. We leave both backpacks at the hotel in Calangute and just get buses down to Palolem with the tiny backpacks...TBH you don't need anything down there anyway and I can get by with bikini/vest and a sarong.

On the other hand about 13 years ago our youngest went to Australia travelling for several months on his own and his backpack got left behind at a stopover. Those whose luggage got delayed were given 'emergency packs'....with toiletries, toothbrush etc etc...except by the time they got to our son they'd run out of the 'men' packs with razors etc.....he never did find a use for the tampons he got in the 'womens' pack he had to have :rofl :tup
I always pack enough bits and pieces in my hand luggage in case our luggage goes missing.
I also split our clothes between the 2 suitcases as we met a woman in Sharm whose case had gone missing and she spent the week in borrowed clothes. :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.