Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Just booked a Bmibaby flight for September and received this info in the confirmation e-mail.

4. Important airport notice.

Passengers flying from Malaga Airport are advised to allow plenty of time for your journey between the check-in area and security. Please note bmibaby flights check in at T3.

Sanji x
Ooh, I'm envious Sanji. Where will you be staying this time?

I ain't had a holiday this year yet, it seems like a lifetime since Oz.
Same apartment, going for the Romeria, should have booked it when I booked the flight for July, it's just cost me nearly £100 more and there were only 4 seats left...now 2.!

The price of flights :bawl :yikes

Sanji x
I'm looking forward to the video already. I know I'm being presumptious but I enjoyed last year's so much :tup
sanji

whats the score now with malaga aiport and walking distance, my mums 83, and suffered that walk last august from the terminal once we got our cases then another trek to the coach station..
We got back Saturday and were at T2. We got there early and were able to drop our bags straight in at Jet2's check in desk. We then had to walk to T3 terminal for security & then back through to T2 for gate. There is moving walkways for those who have mobility problems.
The duty free, eating areas and shops on upper floor T2 are all in darkness.
Hi Kaz
We landed at T3 and the walk to collect the luggage wasn't too bad,... a long corridor, down a short escalator and through the glass single walkways/doors...... I've certainly walked further in T2 in the past.
But then they made a right pig's ear of a job because we were all stood waiting for the electronic display to tell us which number belt to go to for the said luggage collection....and we stood waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.!

After about 15 mins, the display said number 21, which is walking back into T2 and nothing open around us and only half lit.!
After a few minutes everybody noticed cases emerging and going around about 6 belts further down...yep, they were our flight. :roll:
TBH, I think you'd be better organising airport assistance for your ma. I can't help with the coach carpark, but the taxi's are just across the courtyard.

Sanji x
The second runway at Malaga has now been completed and this brings to an end the Malaga airport regeneration plan, costing 370 million euros just for the runway.
The new runway is expected to be ready for use early 2012, and between now and then various test flights will take place to calibrate the newly installed air navigation systems.
They will go from handling take offs/landings of 37 to 72 every hour.
Yesterday the taxi driver took us on a different route to the airport because of the volume of traffic and we got a fleeting glimpse of the new runway.

Let's hope the future looks bright for Malaga.

Sanji x
anyone know how much a taxi will be from outside airport to city please
Hi,
Has anyone used Malaga airport transfers recently? I've got a quote for 160 euro return from Malaga to nerja which I think is good. Just wondering if anyone has any problems or good feedback about them?
Thanks.
Hi all, is the airport back to running as normal, we fly with jet2 at the end of September and haven't heard of any problems from jet2?
Thanks.
Sorry for the double post but is the airport running as normal now after the upgrade? Thanks for any info.
Sorry for the double post but is the airport running as normal now after the upgrade? Thanks for any info.

I don't think you'll find any problems but passengers are being asked to allow plenty of time between check-in and security.
I'm sure Sanji'll be on to confirm or correct the above info when she reads your post.
Sunshine, sorry for not answering your post, I was hoping that someone else might have something to say.!
AFAIK, the situation at Malaga Airport is the same as it was when I was there in July.

You are advised to allow plenty of time between check-in and security, and also not forgetting the walk to the gate, the distance to the gate will be determined by the gate from which you depart.
TBH, it sounds worse than it really is, check-in queues are just check-in queues and have no bearing regarding what's taking place in other areas of the airport, and the only real bottle-neck is at the security area in T3 because at the moment everyone has to go through the screening area in T3, until they upgrade the security in T2, so this is why you are being advised to allow plenty of time, plus T3 security is situated at the far end of the building.
One you're through the screening area, there really is no problem, there's plenty of shops and plenty of space, but you have to allow for the fact that you may have a trek to the gate, so don't be dawdling around the shops until the last minute.:wink

Sanji
there's plenty of shops and plenty of space, but you have to allow for the fact that you may have a trek to the gate, so don't be dawdling around the shops until the last minute.

I'll second that. A bit :offtop but we learnt a lesson the first time we flew from Gatwick. Having mainly departed from Cardiff and Bristol we were unaware of the long trek to the boarding gates at Gatwick. Sis and I left our OHs to finish their pints at the bar whilst we proceded to stroll towards the boarding gate signs, our footstep got a little faster when there was no end to the walk and then we started to panic a bit as we knew our OHs would think they had plenty of time.

Anyway, sis and I arrived with only 2 or 3 left to chek in in front of us - we were hanging back waiting for the men and even started discussing whether we were going to go on hols without them if they didn't make it on time :rofl Luckily for them, they just made it, huffing and puffing after having to break into a jog. Since then, I always need to find the gate before relaxing and looking around the shops.
Thanks guys for the help, we will defiantly allow extra time for security. Cheers, 4 weeks to go!
Hi I am trying to find out how much a taxi is from airport to Torremolinas , if we just pick it up at the airport.
Thanks Marg
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.