Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Have booked holiday with Monarch May/June 2012 to Fuengirola. Have never been to Malaga Airport and as our booking includes Shuttle Transfer, will the Transfer have a reception desk to go to, or hold a board up in arrivals. Seems a silly question to ask, but when we go to Alicante Airport also with Monarch,the shuttle has a reception desk. There is no mention of a desk in the confirmation for the Malaga booking.

Hope you can grasp that. Will appreciate any information.

Regards Percy123.
Hi Percy, what company is the shuttle with? If I can't find the answer for you soon, I'm flying into Malaga in a few weeks so will keep my eye open for you- It will all depend on whether we'll fly into the same terminal though.
Hi Shirley, thanks for reply. It just say's Shuttle Transfer, when we go to Alicante it's Shuttle Direct. The Transfer ref No is very similar so could be same company.
No doubt we will find more easily than i am expecting.
Thanks once again, enjoy your holiday. Percy.
Hi Percy
Don't get too stressed up about it because at the moment all passengers have to exit Malaga Airport via the exit in Terminal 3, regardless of whether you land in T2 or T3 (I have no information to state otherwise at this moment in time) and it's really quite easy to get out of the building.
I'm presuming you haven't booked a package holiday with Monarch? So, one of two things will happen, there will be a person stood in the area holding up a huge placard probably with either your name or with Monarch on it, or the company who Monarch are using will have a placard with your name or a desk or meeting point in the exit area....all will direct you to the coach carpark.

Monarch are using a company called HolidayTaxis.com
Shuttle transfer is the mode of transport that you have booked for your transfer and it has nothing to do with the company known as Shuttle Direct.
HolidayTaxis.com are a British company operating on the Costa del Sol, and to put your mind at rest and what their procedures are at Malaga Airport, either drop an email to Monarch or HolidayTaxis or post on HolidayTaxis FaceBook page.

http://extras.monarch.co.uk/shuttle-transfers.asp
http://www.holidaytaxis.com/about/contact/
customerservices@holidaytaxis.com

Sanji
Sanji, thanks for your reply and the links. Have checked, the shuttle is Holiday Taxis.
Much appreciated.
Percy.
Has anyone arrived/departed from Malaga recently, if so do you still have a long walk and need to allow longer to get through passport controll etc? We will be arriving on the 10 April for 7 nights. Also we are arriving with Monarch and our friends with Easyjet (25mins difference), will we all end up at the same terminal.
Hi Christine, sorry I can't help because we're going the week before you. I have no idea what terminal we'll be landing in- flying with Easy jet and we won't be back until the day before you fly to let you know.

Have a great time :tup
Hi Christine.
Monarch airlines use T3 and Easyjet use T2
Will you end up at the same terminal.? Well you'll have to check-in using different terminals and therefore I assume that you'll land at different terminals, but you'll both have to exit the airport from T3, so one way or another, you will meet your friends in the exit area in T3.

AFAIK, T2 security area refurbishment is still not finished, so anyone using T2 will still have the long walk from the check-in desks to the security area in T3 and then the trek back airside.
With Monarch being in T3, obviously the walk is not as long, and off the top of my head I can't remember which way the numbers for the check-in desks run in T3 (in relation to distance from the security area), although you should still allow time to get through the security area, which at times still gets very busy, because they are still having to check every passenger from both terminal going airside.

Monarch ...Terminal T3, floor 1: check-in desk 305-338
Easyjet .... Terminal T2, floor 1: check-in desk 253-262

Sanji
Easyjet .... Terminal T2, floor 1: check-in desk 253-262

Do you know off hand if that's for every destination airport Sanji? I seem to remember last year that Bristol had different check-in desks to some of the others or am I imagining it? :rofl oops just realised we flew BMI baby to Cardiff last year.
Sorry Sanji, I didn't explain myself very well. What I meant was when we checked in at Malaga for our return journey our check-in desk was different to the mass desks allocated to passengers flying to other UK airports such as Newcastle East Mids etc. I remember looking at the signs where it said BMIBaby desks 250-260 (or whatever they were) and then a different set of numbers for BMIBaby cardiff.

When I started writing my previous post I talked about Easy Jet Bristol by mistake- that's who we're flying with this time. I'm getting confused in my old age :(
Thanks Sanji thats cleared that up then, they land 20 mins before us so it will give them time to walk to terminal 3. Just one other question, is the area in terminal 3 the same area where we would meet our transfer, the reason I ask is that we are thinking of arranging a transfer together rather than 2 seperate transfers.

Shirley, it`s like deja vu, you were coming home last time as we were arriving. The time you stayed at the Tiburon. :D
Christine.
ATM, where ever you land at Malaga airport, you will be directed into T3 and you can only get out of the building through the glass doors in T3, and the arrivals area can only be accessed through T3, so yes in answer to your question regarding meeting transfers.
Things change and sometimes it's hard to keep up with them, for example, there are now airlines in T3 who were supposed (in the initial plan) to be staying in T2, and airlines using T2 for check-in, but landing/departing from T3.

Sanji
Thanks Sanji, think we will have to put our phones on as soon as we arrive just incase anything has changed.
Hi There just returned from a weekend break at Benalmadena, whilst there I noticed that posted on a bus stop a was a listing for a Bus service from the Airport to Benalmadena via Torremolinos. All the hotels in Torremolinos down on the front were listed, I have tried to find the timetable on the Portillo but without success, sorry to be a bit vague about details, but thought it might be of interest to somebody.
Thanks,yes that is what I had seen, I just thought it might be of interest to others,we usually use the train to Benalmadena but I thought this might be of interest to people staying in Torremolinos.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.