General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Malarone Tablets
10 Posts
I don't know how many tablets that is for, but you could try Superdrug or http://www.xpresspharmacy.co.uk

luci :wave
you can only get them on private perscription.Best to ring around a few chemists as they do vary in price - try superdrug - they were the cheapest last year.
Depending on how long you need to take them - Malarone is usually for up to 2 months in sub-saharan malarial areas - you may find Doxycyclin (an antibiotic that acts as an antimalarial) cheaper, BUT it can cause rashes and make you more sensitive to bright sunlight. (All these meds have their drawbacks!)
I will ask a work colleague her daughter went to borneo 3 years ago on a field trip with uni, not sure what she took but i will ask
:think I believe Boots online is the cheapest and would cost you a total of £130
Sorry , i did ask but she cant remember what her daughter had to take
Thanks for the replies. For some reason I didn't get notifications :que

I can't take Doxycyclin as I get prickly heat. Malarone is what our doc has recommended.

We need 54 tablets betwen us and so far the cheapest I've found is £119.80 (on Xpress Pharmacy) but hadn't thought to try Superdrug so will do.
I thought I'd found them with Tesco on Monday, I rang and they quoted £113 but when I went to buy them they said it was £138.50 and I must have misheard the lady! I hadn't as I asked her she'd said 1.1.3. as at that time they were far cheaper than anything I'd been quoted. Took my prescription back and left!

Will let you knwo who I get on incase anyone else needs any.
have you tried your local travel clinic or Gp surgery sometimes they sell them ?
Hi ilove..., our GP doesn't sell anything and we don't have a local travel clinic.

Cheapest I've found is the Xpress Pharmacy at £119.80 but Morrisons do them and they are £122 so not much more and they'll accept a fax of perscription (need to take original to collect) and take order/payment over phone so will probably go for that one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.