Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi all. i have just booked a holiday flying from manchester terminal 2 for 5 adults and 3 children.
i usually stay at the raddisson blu at the airport but it is going to be a little expensive this time.
i am looking on line and there seem to be three premier inns near each other and are coming up at a really good price.
has anyone stayed at any of them? any opinions on the location. how far from the airport terminal and how much might a taxi cost to the terminal.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
jhe,

I've never stayed at the Premier Inn's near Mnchester airport, but they are much of a muchness really whichever one you stay at. They are basic but have everything you need. I certainly wouldn't worry about staying in one. They are only about a mile from the airport so a taxi wouldn't be expensive.

Darren
jhe wrote:
hi all. i have just booked a holiday flying from manchester terminal 2 for 5 adults and 3 children.
i usually stay at the raddisson blu at the airport but it is going to be a little expensive this time.
i am looking on line and there seem to be three premier inns near each other and are coming up at a really good price.
has anyone stayed at any of them? any opinions on the location. how far from the airport terminal and how much might a taxi cost to the terminal.

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod

Hello,

I have stayed in both Premier Inn's so I can give you some useful tips.

The smaller of the two Ruger Lane South has slightly different room configurations to the North. In the South you get two double beds in a twin room whereas in the North its One Double and a Sofa bed.

However, if you stay in the South one ask for a room facing the car park as the rear side of the hotel backs onto the motorway and it can be heard all night.

The north one does have a Costa coffee inside and both have lovely Premium Inn Restaurants.

A taxi to terminal 2 for 2 people cost me £5.00, there is a shuttle bus but not sure how it works.

Thanks

Z.J.C
We haven't stayed in any hotels near the airport so can not give any feedback, however, tripadvisor has extensive feedback from 100's who have stayed at the various Premier inns near the airport.

With Tripadvisor you can also select all feedback from families, couples, solos etc etc to get targeted views from those who may also fit your grouping.
Don't forget the hotel reviews on this site too!

Darren
thanks for all your help. i have stayed in premier inns elsewhere so i am quite happy with the rooms. i was just curious as to how far out the premier inns are at manchester airport, i did look at maps and they appear to be the opposite side of the runway.
if it is only 1 mile away is it possible to walk?
its good to know its only a £5 taxi
i did check out tripadvisor but the reviews i read didnt give the answers i have got on here so thanks to all
darren i couldnt find any reviews on holiday truths,
thanks everyone
jhe,

They are on the north side of the runways so on the side where the terminals are. You could walk, but depending on which one you stay at, especially those on Rugger Lane down by the cargo terminal, there are no footpaths by the road and if you have suitcases to pull as well, I wouldn't recommend it. Not for the sake of £5 in a taxi. The other one in Heald Green is walkable, but double the distance than those on Rugger Lane.

Darren
will be checking in luggage day before so no problems there
then we usually check into hotel and head off into manchester for the day
.we have 2 pushchairs so walking is maybe not a good idea
will need more than 1 taxi with there being 8 of us and if we are coming and going from the hotel i am trying to work out if it would be much cheaper in the long run to book the premier inns or to just stay in the raddisson for convenience.
thanks again darren
just asking for opinions, is the lounge in T2 worth it (its about £17 pp) & is the price the same all the time or will it drop and increase?
Just fancy doing something different
Thanks Tracy
Tracy1971,

If you want somewhere to relax following check in and before your flight and have a couple of drinks and snacks, then its a nice place to wait for your flight. If you aren't bothered about about the drinks or snacks, or you want to browse duty free, then it might not be worth it for a short period of time. I don't find T2 to be too bad as is has good views over the apron to watch the goings on and if you check in a couple of hours before your, you aren't in the departure lounge that long anyway. Its up to you really. The prices are pretty much fixed. Unless there's a special offer, that is rare, the prices will remain the same.

Darren
Thanks Darren, the o/h and my son would probably eat enough for it to be worth it :rofl , but its a bit early for food for me, probably will try it out just for knowledge and a change :)
Same question really, but we're booked into the Bollin Lounge T1 Manchester... my understanding is that they offer cold food and drink, do we have to pay for these and do they offer bottled water? Is coffee available and is it self service? Will we also be allowed to leave the lounge to go to the shops if we have to? Or would it be better to go to the shops first?

I know it's a daft question but if they offer bottled water it'll mean we won't have to go into the shops.
dramaqueen,

I had complimentory access to the Bollin lounge the last time I flew via T1 (thanks Etihad!!). They offer cold snacks and drinks. Everything that is on display is complimentory and self service. They have tea and cofee, bottled beers in a fridge, soft drinks, wine and optics with selected spirits. I didn't look for water, but i'm sure it'll be in the fridge with the soft drinks. Food is snacks such as coissants, muffens, crisps, buscuits etc. There's also jam and bits for the coissants. You can enter and leave the lounge as often as you like. Just retain your copy of the booking confirmation just in case you're asked when you come back in. Personally, I would do your shopping first then chill in the lounge before your flight rather than keeping going in and out. It's upstairs, tooked around the cormer next to the Emirates lounge so you'll be kept fit if you come and go! A couple of photos for you;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/Bollin01_zps683d2bcb.jpg
Comfortable seats with great views over the apron.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/Bollin03_zps4db02e94.jpg
Snack and drinks area, help yourself. There are fridges and coffee to the right, just out of shot

Darren
dramaqueen wrote:
Same question really, but we're booked into the Bollin Lounge T1 Manchester... my understanding is that they offer cold food and drink, do we have to pay for these and do they offer bottled water? Is coffee available and is it self service? Will we also be allowed to leave the lounge to go to the shops if we have to? Or would it be better to go to the shops first?

I know it's a daft question but if they offer bottled water it'll mean we won't have to go into the shops.

They do usually have small bottles of water. I don't know if you were thinking of taking some for the flight, but strictly speaking you are not supposed to take anything out of the lounge.
Thanks sunaddict.
I'd better buy a bottle from boots then :) I don't want to risk getting thrown out lol :)
dramaqueen wrote:
Thanks sunaddict.
I'd better buy a bottle from boots then :) I don't want to risk getting thrown out lol :)

Lol! I always buy at least 4 750ml bottles from Boots or Smiths, even when flying premium and its complimentary. It would be a full time job for the cabin crew to keep up with our water consumption. Hubby will get through two of those in the first hour.
lol, we normally drink a lot of water on the flight too, well I have to force myself... we also love to take coffee on the plane with us so a trip to starbucks will be needed.
At Manchester airport T1 is there a cafe landside. Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.