Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi
can anyone tell me what t3 escape lounge is like.cant remember if we have been through t3 before so unsure of how many shops etc there are,or might be best to pay for the lounge and just sit and relax for the few hours before we fly.
thanks.
jan
myboyblu,

T3 is a more compact terminal than 1 and 2. It can be busy at peak times, especially going through security but it's a nice transit other than that. There's a central food court with a selection of shops around for the usual duty free items. The lounge is nice if you don't want to wait in the main area, especially if you're travelling at a peak time, ie before about 10am.

Darren
thanks darren,
we are travelling midweek,flight is 7pm-ish.worst i have ever seen manchester was a saturday afternoon flight a few years ago.never tried the lounges before but thought i might treat ourselves just this once.i would make good use of the food and coffee,while my hubby would enjoy a few beers.just didnt want to miss out on an abundance of shops either.
also,i have pre booked the long stay car park,is this within walking distance from the terminal,it looks so on google earth.saves us waiting for the bus.
myboyblu,

It depends which long stay you've booked, but assuming the one by the Hilton / Bewleys, then it's walkable but if you have suitcases, I'd wait for the bus. They're pretty regular.

Darren
I've read that Serviceair have launched a new lounge the 'aspire' has this replaced the old 'serviceair' bollin lounge or is it a new one?
We stayed at the Raddisson Blu and parked on the long stay car park last year, but this year we are staying at the Raddisson again and parking on their car park. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.
hi we are overnighting at the Raddisson and wondered if theres anyhting to do in the area to pass the time on a friday evening , thanks peter
cpclarkes,

Other than the airport, there's not a lot to do around the hotel. You can easily jump on a train in to Manchester though or there's the Airport Pub at the end of 23R and the viewing park.

Darren
Do you have to show passports to get in the escape lounge? or is it your boarding pass? or bookinig comfirmation? Thanks
Shamus,

It was the boarding pass and booking confirmation the last time I was there. You should have three with you anyway.

Darren
Hi can anyone who normally flies from Manchester airport tell what a "good price" is for on site parking.

We normally fly from Newcastle and some great deals, paid £19.99 for 2 weeks this year.

Just had an email from Manchester Airport offering 10% discount so price for 2 weeks in summer 2014 is £54.00 long stay or £81.00 multi story, we don't want to use Jet parks.

Do you get better offers than this and where do you get the offers from.

Thanks
laudan,

Those prices look about normal for 2 weeks parking at Manchester.

Darren
I have recently booked the T1 multi storey for sept 2014 - 1 week, £63

Last sept I booked the multi storey but it was full when I arrived so I was diverted to the meet and greet, it was fine but I prefer to keep my car keys.

When I booked the multi storey the meet and greet was about £45 for the week, you could have a look at that.
Hi can someone tell me where do i get shuttle bus from airport to hotel and back next day again , do i go to information desk in airport to find out ,please help as i have no idea.
is the Travelodge at Manchester Airport.within walking distance to the airport thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
cazxx1,

Which hotel are you staying at? It's difficult to advise without knowing where you are staying and therefore where you are trying to get from/to. Shuttle busses depart / arrive from the station or the terminal you're arriving / departing from but it depends which service you'll be using.

EDIT: I see from your other post, you're staying the Travel Lodge? Which one as there are several in the area (Manchester Didsbury, Altrincham Central)?

Darren
Dazbo thanks for the quick response, we have not booked a hotel yet we will be getting a coach from Birmingham to Manchester in September so we need a shuttle to or a hotel that is in walking distance from there..any ideas
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.