Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
No. Regular bus service from about 200yds away or taxi for about £7.00. It is situated close to the cargo area.
cazxx1,

See my post above, I gave 4 to look at that are on the airport site and within walking distance. busdriver was referring to the Travel Lodge / Premier Inn.

Darren
Sorry to butt in but I've stayed at the Radisson on numerous occasions and it's a very short under cover walk to any terminal. No waiting for shuttle buses.
oh £129.00 for 1 night bit much for me baz lol thanks anyway
There are normally deals to be had if you look around a bit but yeah it's not the cheapest.
i dont mind staying in a b and b so long as there is a shuttle bus to pick me up from the airport and take me back there the next day
i am looking for advice on the use of T3 Lounge is this the correct forum to use? Trying to decide if I have enough time available to use it depending on Flybe Check-in and security clearance.
wasginge,

You should have plenty of time if you check-in 3 hours before your flight. It depends how long you wish to spend in the lounge really. Depending on the time you're flying, security is normally pretty slick in T3 so shouldn't take long.

Darren
Thanks again Darren. My concern was that ,as I said on the Flybe forum, Flybe say "Airport Check-in desks open 2 hours until 60 minutes before scheduled departure time". I have tried to speed up the security side by paying for a priority pass. We fly on Saturday 24th May (school holidays) 7.05. If they opened check-in at 5.05 and it took more than 30 mins to check-in and clear security I was thinking it wouldn't leave much time in the lounge. But if they open 3 hours before that's fine. We are at the Premier Inn Friday night so getting to the terminal early is no problem.
wasginge,

It should be pretty quiet checking in that early and so will security, but it'll soon get very busy so the earlier the better. Is it really worth going in to the lounge at that time of morning? T3 isn't that bad of a terminal and if you checked in at the normal time, you'll only be in there for an hour before flying. If it was an evening where you could have a couple of drinks to make the most of the lounge it would be different, but at that time of the morning, I probably wouldn't bother.

Darren
I think you can get a bacon/sausage sandwich coffe etc. As my wife is a very nervous flyer I like to keep her out of the crowds so the lounges are attractive. Thanks for your advice.
Does anyone know why they change the direction in which the planes take off and land at MCR?

I work close to the airport so when its nice I sometime go and have my dinner in the car park at the Airport pub. most of the time they take off from that end but sometime they land from that end.

anyone know why?

cheers
Yes, I know why. They take off into the wind, this helps get more lift on the plane's wings. So if the wind changes direction they take off in the other direction.

They also land into the wind so they can stop sooner.

If you watch the film "Battle of Midway" when the planes are about to take off the captain tells to bloke steering the ship to sail into the wind.
Into wind gives a shorter take off run and the option to carry more fuel. At some airports because of obstructions in the take off path take off downwind sometimes allows for a higher payload; eg Arrecife.
Hi just wondering what time the shops open in T2, our flight is at 05.55 in a couple of weeks so will be in there early
lancslass53,

The main duty free should be open but the smaller ones probably won't before you board.

Darren
lancslass53 wrote:
Hi just wondering what time the shops open in T2, our flight is at 05.55 in a couple of weeks so will be in there early

Biza, the big duty free shop is open 24 hours. A lot of the other shops open between the hours the first and last departing flight. There is info on Manchester Airports website.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.