Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Folk travelling to Manchester airport this weekend (Aug 2-4) need to be aware that the M56 is closed both directions near the airport from Friday night till Monday for bridge work.
It's the section between 5 - 6 which is closed. Coming from the west you exit at jct 6 and follow a diversion. Travelling from M60 will still exit at jct 5 airport spur.

Leave plenty of time this weekend
Hi,

Soon I'll be travelling from T2 for the first time in years. Any good places to do a bit of spotting from? Ideally a bar ;-) we've got online check in and fast track through security but don't want to turn up too early if there's nothing to see!

Thanks in advance
Rockhopper88,

There's not really any places to spot from other than the gate areas where you have good views over the aircraft at the gate and the aircraft moving on the apron. Just have a walk up and down, you'll see plenty and can also see what's on the remote stands and cargo terminal.

Darren
Hi

Could anybody give their experience of the fast track system at T2. I have got three people in the party and I have three bar codes. How does the system work? Do I have to scan the bar codes to gain access. Can I scan one bar code rather than all three?

Thanks for any incite.
Someone scans them for you at the start of fast track. Just hand the papers in and they will do the rest. Best £3.50 (each) we spent!
qatarman,

They come and go but I've seen them, yes,

Darren
qatarman wrote:
Boots Meal Deals are they available after Security.

They always have been when I've been through. They're usually very popular.
Thank you,
Its not for me its the better half that's looking at them as the Thomson menu this year is as she says very poor.
have heard that the pub at the end of runway has been undergoing a refurbishment can any one let us k now if you still ok to just go for a pint and watch planes land and take off please , thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.