Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Try travelsupermarket.com or holiday extras to give you some comparisons. Just about all car parking companies like BCP will offer you hotel and parking deals.

Nivsy
Mick5eye,

Have used Bewleys 3 times and had no problems. Have a look on their website for charges.
All the best
gc
HI

I dont know how much youm want to spend but when my husband and I went to dom rep the other year we stayed at the radisson sas - this was not as expensive as we thought and they looked after the car for 15 days.
Please remember to check Network Rail Engineering works at weekends if you are planning to travel to Manchester Airport by train.

Travelling by train is normally the best and cheapest option. However I just checked and there are engineering works on the 26th Jan when I travel. Trains are not picking up in Chorley or Bolton, they are going via Wigan. ( replacement bus service).

Also on the way back on 17th Feb, I find that there are 2 changes, Manchester Airport - Piccadilly- Victoria - Preston/Blackpool. Part of way is by Bus also. :rage

Lisa
Hi Lisa, we are from Bolton and are getting the train to Manchester airport on Thurs 24th Jan. Is the engineering work only going on at weekend?

Ive only ever once got the train to the airport, that was last year and there were terrible winds so all trains got cancelled and we had to get a taxi from the train station in Bolton to Manchester airport.
You can check your journey at National Rail -as you are less than 2 weeks off travelling the answer should allow for any engineering that is planned. For crucial journeys like this set the time and date to when you need to be at the destination by and then click the "arriving" button. Any British train operators' timetable enquiry pages should also have the same data, other sources may not include planned alterations. Between Monday morning and Friday evening Manchester Airport is normally only affected for odd spells in the middle of the night, at weekends anything is possible.

There is also a plain English list of all planned engineering for weeks in advance with an explanation of what's affected. This can be a bit big!

Note that I say planned, it's worth checking for problems on the day as you get closer to departure. Anything can happen, as I write this there is a fatality in Dorset and a flood in North Wales although, just for a change, no lorry drivers who failed to work out whether a 13ft trailer would go under a 12ft bridge!
I have always used Premier Parking at Manchester, but was wondering if anyone can recommend any of the others. I'm due to fly for a week in May....
kirkie805,

Have a look at APH. I've always had good service from them.

Darreb
Someone else has recommended Securapark if anyone else has opinions of them...
Has anybody got any experience of Airparks Gold at Manchester? Is it true that you park your car and keep the keys?
Thanks
gc
Beadle, we've done both meet & greet and the multi-story car park for T1.

The Meet & Greet has always been good and is self explanatory and the multi story is at the side of the terminal so you just get in the lift and go direct to departures although it may be an expensive option for 7 days.

As far as I know all the main long stay car parks at Manchester are a short bus ride away but I'm not sure so could stand to be corrected!
Beadle we have used the T1/T3 long stay, no problems, didn't wait for the bus only 10 minutes walk, although that depends on where you park the car, try to get near to the fence if possible.

Quite reasonable, book ahead on the manchester airport website - long stay T1/T3. Although the multi storey is opposite it is quite a bit dearer. You need to book in advance though to get the best price.

Gail
has anyone on here had a meal in the lancaster brass,term 1 i think,as im staying in the raddisson.also what price am i looking at for a main course,just that there is no online info regards this place ie prices or menus,thanks folks.
Plese can anyone recommend pubs that do food within easy walking distance of the Travelodge at Manchester Airport. Thanks.
There is a pub within 10-15 mins walk from the Travelodge, but I can't remember its name. I have seen it mentioned in reviews of the hotel. The staff at the Travelodge will direct you.

luci :wave
I am sure it is called the Romper, very nice food as well.

Gail
You are such stars on this site . . . thank you - much appreciated . . .The Romper it shall be!
Really having difficulty trying to choose a car park for Manchesters terminal 2 for our 2 week hol in May, never been to this airport before and there are so many car parks to choose from that it is bewildering! I notice the cheapest parking is some 10 miles away from the airport, hubby is keen because of the price but I'm not as we already will have had a 2 and half hour journey just to get to Manchester, we are also booked into the travelodge for our return journey but because of flight changes we are not sure if we will be able to use the rooms as we won't arrive until 6am! So preferably we don't want to be too far away incase we do use the rooms. It's all a bit confusing when you don't know the area and we don't want to pay extortionate parking prices either, so any help appreciated...oh and I notice one company says they drop you off at the interchange??? Do all parking minibuses do this? Is it far from terminal2? Thanks for any help my head is scrambled looking at them all :tongue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.