Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Photos who was the owner and one of the brothers, had a heart problem last august. He then decided to sell the Manhattan to a consortium, and it is being turned into a Japanese Restaurant. Peter was 'persuaded' to go into retirement (not an easy task so I have been told), but if you enjoyed the Manhattan 'feel', try the Mandarin Palace (on the same side of the road, but heading further away from the harbour) which apart from providing excellent chinese food, will also cook anything as it is run/part-owned by Christos (another brother) whose motto is 'we will do whatever you want'. Try it, if only to experience their excellent food (not the stodgy interpretation of Chinese food we get in most English restaurants) and I don't think you will be disappointed, unlike the Atrion which charged me 6.5 Euros for 'Mushrooms l'Atrion', which when it arrived consisted of 2 button mushrooms coated in batter and a little salad. Unfortunately this year, it is definitely a case of 'Caveat Emptor'.
Thanks for your reply Popsy, we had 2 great meals there last year & were looking forward to eating there again but were devastated when we discovered it was closed. We had a chat with Peter one night & his saying was " We may be getting older but we are still in the race".
I'm sad to hear Manhattan is no more.A couple of years ago when we stayed at the Avanti we ate here several times as the food was very good,a bit more expensive but worth it.The owner(if it's the same guy,a smart looking old boy with silver hair) was always very friendly and made a point of coming over to us as soon as we entered and found us a table we wanted.He always came back a few times and had a chat and generally made us feel welcome.I would have gone back this year but obviously that won't happen now.
Hi Dav, Yes that's Peter a really nice guy, I can recommend Artio Brasserie it's just off the Tombs of the Kings Road, bit pricey but well worth it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.