Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I havent checked the prices recently as i am waiting until the elections are over before booking but we paid £355 for 2 weeks at the Rui Green Park in March which at that time was cheaper than the Marhaba Palace and the Royal Kenz which were both HB.
we're looking at june 24th for either 10 or 14 nights and the Riu places are £2-300 more,and that's EACH,are they £300 better...not when you can go to Mexico/cuba/DR for £800 and have 24 hour AI,marhaba palace is £446 for HB for 10 nts or £546 AI,and to go up to 14 nights is only literally a few quid extra

:cheers
What sort of effect are you expecting/dreading the elections will have out of interest?
I dont really know what the outcome will be after the elections but I do hope the people get the peace they deserve,and hope that the Islamic Brotherhood dont get elected.
When we were there in March they certainly seemed a lot happier than the previous March.
Its a shame the number of tourists are down since the Revolution but hopefully they will pick up after the Elections.
We were thinking of going in November but will now probably wait until March as the weather isnt to good over the winter months.
We are off to turkey on Thursday so will look out for any offers when we come back.
I know I'm getting :offtop here, but have a great time in Turkey Jean. If you had stuck with your original thoughts of going back to Tunisia in November we could have met up again as I'll be back in Sousse then.

For further thoughts and general discussion on Tunisia I suggest you go over to Tunisian Tales Sambacasual.
thanks aslemma i will do so,still waiting for info i asked for in this one though!
Hi,
We stayed at the MP in May and it is true that the main bar closed at 11-00,but we then went to the American Bar,and the barman served drinks as long as you were buying them.He's a great laugh,and he told us that some nights he was there till 4-00 in the morning serving people,but he loved it.The sun beds around the pool are free but if you want a matress.(which everyone did)it costs 2 dinar each.The sunbeds on the beach dont have matressess,but there covered with a blue material which makes them quite comfortable.Im sure if you wanted a matress on the beach,they would get one for you.We went to the Irish bar one night,but we only had one drink,as the smoke in there was awful,so i can't give you any info on the closing time.As for the all inclusive,i can't say i saw anyone who were on this.Ithink they must have just started it,as we were on full board,and i cant say i saw anyone with wrist bands on.This could be a good thing if you like a drink,as the Celtia beer was 5 dinar for a large one,and the wife's tonic water was three dinar.(she cant drink alchohol)so as we were getting 2.175 dinars to the £,If she had been drinking spirits etc,i think it could have been quite exspensive.Id check to see exactly what all inclusive entails,as if your only allowed to get drinks from the main bar ,you may have to pay for them at the American bar when it closes.As your going in late June,i would imagine that ther will be a lot of places open around the port area.
That's great thanks, you sound like you don't have anything bad to say as such which is a good sign, we're not looking to go nuts until the small hours every night but it's nice to have a bit of choice as we're not the early night type. I take it the food was pretty decent anyway?
If you go to the hotel reviews,i did one when i came back about the hotel and it's food.Just another point.The sea/pool views are the best to get,as the other side looks on to the roofs of oter parts of the hotel,and are not very scenic to say the least.We were on one of the higher floors(5th i think) and it was great.
Hi Samba

We have stayed at MP the last few years (and going back at Xmas). They are introducing the AI for next summer for the first time, this will run with the BB/HB options. On a personal level we much prefer the HB option as we ;like to do our own thing when it comes to eating out etc and they allow you to swap the Dinner for lunch. The staff are always very helpful and will accomodate you. The food has always been good - with Tunisian dishes available along with a carvery and buffet.The MP is certainly not the liveliest but you can walk to the marina in just a few mins, and especially in July where the cafes/bars are (and a few of them are licensed. I agree with Pedro about the Puca Irish bar - too smokey by far (unless you are a smoker) but also the drinks are not cheap.

If you are going in July then I would opt for a high sea view room where you may get a bit of cool air (even with a/c its very hot). The sun disappears behind the building by about 10.30am. We go for a street view in winter as its much warmer and you get the sun all day on the balcony - but you would fry in these rooms in summer. Good luck, we always enjoy our stay there :)
thanks for that ann,our only doubt really is the lack of entertainment,we're about 90% in favour of booking it but as we're still young we're really in a dilemma over it,we like to still be up and out until maybe 2am(if it was me and the lads it would be 6am!) and like a bit of atmosphere,but by that we don't mean a load of locals drinking coffee,we prefer tourist bars with a bit of life in them, we're not expecting
benidorm,we've just been there,and living in Faliraki for years means we're not looking for a club 18-30 experience either,but we don't want to end up the only people of our age group(37 and 29)sat in some hotel lobby on our todd and be forced to go to bed at midnight,if that makes sense?! also i've been reading reviews of PEK and other resorts all over the net,including the MP and it seems late june is still very empty,obviously there's benefits to that,more room round the pool and in the restaurant etc,but at the same time it might mean no atmosphere,and is it true there's thousands of libyans in town now since the war kicked off?

god i do go on,but we want to be sure what we're getting when we hand over our cash :think
Hi,my father in law is going to the Marharba palace PEK in August and he is wondering wether it is cheaper to book all inclusive from half board with the travel agent or to do it direct with the hotel reception if any one can advise please thanks David...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.