Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Thank you very much, it is very helpfull.
Hi.
cant help you in chosing a hotel , but thought i would let you know that we booked the royal kenz earlier this year to go in late october , friends of ours had a last minutre holiday to Tunisia in February and ended up in the royal kenz, they had a good time , but there was building work going on . Bearing in mind that my holiday was booked early and paid for in full recently we received a letter from thomson telling us that work was going on at the kenz, i have been back to travel agent and was able to either cancel holiday , accept royal kenz or rebook either another hotel in tunisia or a new destination altogether , so after talking with TA today we are going to the Marhaba Palace , thomson were very good as too book this hotel now is £1580 but they honoured the price we paid for the Kenz which was £1100. So i would be aware that maybe the on going building will still be happening next year if it is still going on from the beginning of this year . Have a chat with TA before booking the Kenz

Lynne
Hi lLindy
Thank you very much for your reply and your help. I am going to book The Marhaba Palace now especially since you have told me about the building work.

Thanks again, hope you have a good holiday.
Hi
ive stayed in both hotels I will say the Marhaba Palace is more central but both are very nice and you'll enjoy which ever one you choose.Both are very clean,enjoy! :)
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated. :hols :hols
Can anybody tell me if the alterations to the decor is completed , and what does it look like a few pic's would be great . during my stay here in late october they started to cover up the marble pillars with wood panelling , i personally thought that the wood would make the reception area rather dark , was it a change for the better or worse .
Shame if they have covered up the marble pillars!!the main area was outstanding when you walked in,with the chandeliers etc,this is the best part of the hotel. :que
Thats why i am asking Crispy.......... for those of us that have seen the marble , as it was only panelling when it was all up and they got the full effect maybe it would be easier to take down , to have the panelling in the brown colur they will have to colour co-ordinate all the levels . Personally i thought it looked fine as it was , maybe a lick of paint here and there , but nothing too drastic .
Hi my wife has asked me to ask you if they have a Iron in the room .
Thanks
I have never been to that particular hotel but have never found an iron in any of the hotels I've stayed in in Tunisia.
Hi Bob, they do not have irons in the room, however you can get one from the maids. There is also a laundry service which is good but not very quick and can take 3/4 days to come back. If you can be bothered there is a small laundrette in PEK just along from the wine shop, we have used it - quite cheap and same day, they will iron if you want as extra? Enjoy your stay.
Hi hope you can help us, we are going to Tunisia in November for 14 days staying at the Mahaba Palace would like to ask you this.
Do you know of any good entainment not too far from the Mahaba Palace we would like Live Music or Karaoke or a show, a place we can sit and have a drink and a meal maybe.
Can you tell us what the best market to go to is?? And what day is best? (Does it matter?)
Do you know what the drinks prices are in the Hotel are?
Hi Bob_Shirl ... regarding markets, you seem to have asked in a few topics which you haven't returned to. Here are links to previous replies, just in case you have lost track of them:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=109917&p=1548484#p1548484

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=153486

Hopefully someone might answer your other questions about the hotel and local area here in this thread.

David :wave
We were next door at the Riu Green Park in March and some of the Marhaba Palace guests came over on an evening to watch the shows.
There is the Irish bar opposite the Mahaba Palace that has kareoke most evenings and TVs showing football,the bar doesnt sell guiness though. :rofl
Hi i've got a couple of questions about the MP,we might go late june 2012,around the 24th,it's HB but AI is about £10 each per night extra so we might do that,is it worth the difference or do you suffer in terms of service,in our experience the 'paying' guests seem to get much better bar service etc than the wristband wearers in bigger hotels,with AI guests queueing for 15 minutes to get a plastic cup while the HB guests get treated like royalty,is this in effect here,we'd still go out of a night time but having the AI as a fallback may make sense if it's a good hotel for this option.

Also,i know there's very little or no entertainment on offer here,a shame but it's not the end of the world,but is there the option of a bar that opens later than midnight/1am if you wish to stay up late,either in the hotel or nearby,we're read that the puca pub also closes at midnight,same as the american bar in the MP?

Do they still have the mattresses available for the sunbeds both on the beach and by the pool,even at 2 dinar it's a must.

I know Tunisia has had issues this year and fair play to them for carrying on welcoming people,but has it had a major effect on PEK as a resort,for instance in the last week of june/first week of july this year was it busy enough to be atmospheric of an evening,and what about reports of everywhere being swamped with libyans,don't mind them as such but do they have a noticeable effect on the bars/cafes or the MP?

Sorry to be so outspoken with my questions,just trying to get a broad idea of what to expect,it's very close to booking time and Tunisia is heading the list ahead of Egypt as it seems the latter still has some serious issues with cleanliness and food hygeine etc

We're a couple,37 and 29,we know PEK will be quiet in terms of nightlife but we can use that as an excuse to talk to people we'd otherwise not get the chance to meet.

Oh and also,not too bothered about a sea/pool view but is it worth trying to get a high/low floor for any particular reason?

Thanks very much in advance if anyone can help :cheers
Sam,Do you know that the hotel next door the Rui Green Park is closing this November and being demolished to make way for a new hotel?
The Marhaba Palace overlooks the Green Park and I should think there will be some noise and dust.
Travel agents probably wont mention this to people booking for next year.
I would opt for one of the other Rui hotels as they are very good.
yeah i saw that but to be honest i've spent the last decade living in an old apartment over a shop on a main road in greece that's got a club18-30 pool bar out the back,a karaoke bar next door and the main bar street right and a huge noisy church tower opposite my balcony so building work a few hundreds yards away beyond the grounds of a huge hotel that has the main complex separating the pool area from said site is still a massive step up,plus it might give me the opportunity to see cranes and heavy diggers in action!

:tup
To be honest it doesnt seem that far away as the Marhaba hotel has about 8 floors some of the rooms will overlook the building site,especially the high floors.Its probably more like 100 yards .
I must admit it would matter to me ,but as long as you know about it before you go.
I would still prefer a Rui hotel though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.