Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I believe that this is the new name for what was previously an all inclusive hotel and some self catering apartments. It was sold and remained closed all of last year but has recently been reopened and some of the apartments have been privately sold. Excellent location overlooking the lovely marina of Cala Dor. Lots of very nice restaurants around the marina and its only about a 10-15 minute walk from the marina into the centre of Cala Dor. It will be practically impossible to get any reviews on this hotel due to the fact that it has just opened. Sorry I cant be of more help
Here's their website. Hope it helps. :- http://www.marina-hotels.com/hotel_descripcion.xhtml

This hotel has now been added to our hotel review site. Please be the first to post a review here:- http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/mallorca/cala-d-or/marina-porto-cari-aparthotel/

Many thanks.
Thank you for your reply MaryMary.
I had an idea that it had just been added to the Marina Hotel chain, I was hoping someone might have the previous name so i can check it out before booking.
Thanks again.
I have just remembered that the apartments used to be called "Puerto del Sol" You may be able to find some reviews about them on this or other sites. From what I have seen and heard they were not very nice when run as all inclusive but obviously they have changed hands now.
Hi
this unit is now in the Marina Hotels chain.
It will be open on the 15th of June and offers, self catering, half board and also an all inclusive board basis.
If you look on the Marina Hotels web site you will be able to get all the information you need.
Contact the res team to book.

Suzanne
Hi

Can anyone help? We have booked Marina Porto Cari hotel in Cala Do'r and have since discovered that the Marina Hotel Chain no longer owns this hotel. Does anyone know who the new owners are and if it will be ready to stay in? My husband spoke to Marina Hotels this morning but they would not say who the new owners were. We are concerned that the hotel will not be finished on time. Will the new owners be of the same standard as Marina Hotels.
I am much the same as you. I booked a holiday at the Porto Cari 2 weeks ago and when I revisited the Marina Hotel group site the accomodation had been removed. I have tried contacting them but have had no response. Anyone else got any ideas?
It looks like the marina site is down I wonder if they have ceased trading- awaiting a response from Spanish tourist board
Hi,
I made a phone call to the marina hotel chain and they told me that the marina hotel chain had sold four hotels and the porto cari was one of them, then I received an email from the Marina hotel chain telling me that the new owners were Rosu promociones sa hotel chain. I have search the web and the only thing I can come up with is that they are an estate agent. I also asked would the porto cari be finish for july and they said that they could not asnwer that.
hello all, u all seem to be in a bit of confusion over the Marina Porto cari hotel, i am an actual owner of an apartment on this complex, i recently returned from my apartment 2weeks ago, at that time no work had been commenced on this complex. The sale of the said complex wasn't due to be completed until the end of April/ beginning of May, i cannot invisage the amount of work that needs to be done to this hotel being completed at any time in the near future, we cannot even get a confirmed notification from our estate management team as to the confirmed sale or refurbishment or re-opening of this complex. May i suggest as a matter of urgency u contact your booking agents and confirm in triplecate that you are actually booked into these apartments because if you turn up you will have nowhere to stay. Any further questions please do not hesitate to e-mail me on michaelstokes@btinternet.com
Many thanks for that, looks like it's time to recall my money via my credit card. Can you recommend any other apartments in the area as we do like the look of Cala Dor?
Right, the marina group appear to have gone through, the hotel has been sold new owners being ROSU hotel group tel 0034971690011 whoever they are. I have been going round in circles being passed from pillar to post and nobody seems willing or able to give any info. Marina group are having a meeting shortly where it will be deicided if they can refund "our" money. I am reclaiming the money via my credit card and starting again, best of luck!
We can thoroughly recommend Cala D'or it is a beautiful place especially the marina . Club Marthas or Sol Cala D'or are really nice hotels with good amenities . If not we do rent out our apartment but obviously at the present time we have no pool facilities .It is a shame because Porto Cari Park is a lovely part of the Marina , hopefully all will be sorted out soon though. You can find pictures of our apartment on caladore.co.uk and click on 214 porto cari park.
Hi all,
I booked the Porto Cari with Alpha rooms and they said that their sales team were aware that the Porto Cari had been sold. I have informed them that i no longer want to stay at the Porto Cari because of this and that i will be changing my booking to the sol cala d or. Thanks alot for all your help.
Hi,

I just to confirm that the Aparthotel Porto Cari was not bought by Rosu Hotels, the hotels that they bought from the Marina Group are.

Hotel Corfu/Skorpios - Cala Dor
Hotel Rey Don Jaime - Santa Ponca
Hotel Panorama I & II Ibiza

Hope that this clarifies the situation.

Suzanne
Hi Suzanne, or anyone else with info'
I don't suppose you know the new email address for the Corfu/Skorpios Marina, do you? We have been there for the last 17 years and are going again in two weeks (13th June). We have been trying to contact Barbara, Marga or Alfredo on reception, to keep our usual room for us, but our emails are bouncing back......Only just found out from your info' that the Chain is now run by "Rosu" rather than "Marina/Balear," so I'm assuming that the email address has also changed.
Hope you can help,
Michael
  • Edited by 55spazza 2009-05-30 21:51:39
Interesting thread.

I just got an e-mail from Rosu Hotels (never heard of them and their website is under development) offering accommodation at the Rey Don Jaime, Skorpios, Corfu and Panorama hotels which are (or rather were) in the Marina Hotel group.

I'm a Fidelity Card holder with Marina - they introduced a new website a few months ago but no mention of selling hotels.

I wonder if the refurbishment and "up marketing" of the Marina Luz has caused financial problems. We stayed there last summer and it was 80% empty in high summer.

We've had a couple of good stays in the Rey Don Jaime, likewise the Panorama in Ibiza which is exclusive to Thomsons clients.

No idea about the Skorpios or Corfu.

If I hear anything further I'll post.

Marina Hotels were excellent, with great customer service - hope this is not bad news.
Hi
you can send a mail to reservas@rosuhotels.com and they will deal with your request. All the staff are the same at the hotels, Barbara is still there!

Marga, Maria Jose and Marta all work in the reservations office of Rosu and are all ex staff from Marina.

There is no problem with either hotel chain. I am sure that you will have a lovely holiday as usual.

Suzanne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.