Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
May have to phone them if the worst comes to the worst as we actually need to book the holiday in June directly with them - we have more choice of rooms by doing it that way. Will hunt for their phone number - thanks.
The maripins ihas now been taken over by fergus hotels group and as far as l can see there is no email address for them l too have tried to email without success we just hope that it is only the name that has changed everything else has remained the same good luck.
Yipee! Had a reply at last. We are able to contact the Maripins at this email address:-

maripins@fergushotels.com

I have just had an email from Silvia who is the new manager there.
:cheers yippee. well done . thanks for that .we will be getting in touch with them enjoy your holiday ,we go on the 7th of june . regards from m aureen
We arrive in the evening of 19th June, staying until 3rd July. May see you for a couple of days then. Have a great time.
Hi so does this hotel still cater for the more mature clientele !
Cheers an old friend of mine whats to know that's all !
Just to warn folk that I have recently got back from the Maripins - our 21st holiday there because we always loved it. Unfortunately now that the hotel is under new management things have really gone downhill. In fact a lot of the regular British guests have vowed they will never return again even though they have been going for years. One couple had booked to return in September but cancelled. The main fault was the food - absolutely awful! One of the main meal dishes was pigs cheeks! Soup and other food was luke-warm. Entertainment almost non-existent. It's such a shame this has happened but they seem to be catering for the Russian guests, of which there were many - mainly teenagers. No longer the more mature client.
Sorry to hear the hotel spoilt your holiday East Point. Thank you for the update regarding the change in management, and the hotels food.
Thanks Glynis - just thought it advisable to warn people.
i am just back from the maripins and agree to a point about the food.it did seem to be of a lower quality than normal. my thoughts were that the food was very similar to that in the HTOP hotels, which are AI, and i do wonder if that is the route the new management are heading.
the food in the maripins was always of a very high standard and it was always one of the reasons to choose this hotel.
when i stayed they had a lot of youngsters there for sports tournaments and i have noticed in other hotels than when they are full of these youngsters that the quality of the food does drop; maybe they take these block bookings at a very cheap price and have to economise.
i dont normally watch much of the hotel entertainment but did see that some of the acts were not particularly good. the day time entertainment was geared to families and was rather full on- their aqua-aerobics every day meaning that the volume of the backing music was extremely loud- but at least they seemed to be trying to keep the families entertained.
the hotel is still kept very clean and most of the staff are still the same as before and they do have good memories.
i expect to be back in malgrat later in the year and would have no problem booking the maripins again, unless i can get a very good deal in the planamar
jimd-f, yes there were 2 sports teams there when we were there - all teenagers. I do think the food was awful though and am inclined to think it will always stay that way, sports teams or not. We wont be going back there again. Mind you, if you do go back later this year I hope the food and entertainment have both improved
Forgot to say that when we were there last year there were sports teams there but it didn't affect the food, it was really good..
Hi nseims,
we have been using this hotel for about the last 7 years we love it everone is so friendly and cant do enough to help you from reception to the cleaners they must do something right as the same people return year after year, when we went last September there was various entertainment on during the time we were there including a brilliant band called D-Covers who you can find on you tube, a fella who used to appear there in a duo called black and white but is now singing with a lady, spanish dancers, and other entertainment. The sun beds are around the pool there are also tables and chairs by the pool, and a sun terrace at the front of the hotel up the steps by the side of the pool with sun beds on there. Food is buffet style with things like bacon, eggs, sausage, beans( and it is the only hotel that l have known do plumb tomatoes) toast, rolls, cold meats,, cheese, cereals fruit and all types of drinks. Dinner there is normally soup
salads, meat, hot and cold, fish, chicken vegetables potatoes chips there is a grill where they do show cooking different to what is on the normal choice, some nights they do a themed night such as mexican, spanish etc drinks only on at breakfast time but you can purchase from the bar if you wish we normally go half board so that is why l have put breakfast and dinner. In the main bar last year they did a discount card where you load the card with euros and paid for the drinks and snacks, tea and coffee upon which you had a discount the hotel is situated among the shops in Malgrat but the entrance lies back, from here you can walk to santa susanna or catch the train to santa susanna, pineda , calella or even further to Barcelona, the other way you can go to blanes get off catch a bus outside the station to lloret or tossa de mar. there are various markets on on differnt days in places but there is a book in the hotel that tells you when.Since we went last year the hotel has been taken over by the fergus group , dont know if you will decide to give it a try but you can be assured of a warm welcome
nice one .
it was great when we went last year x
It was great when we went last year too and for all the 20 years before that but we certainly didn't find it great this year.
:cheers hope where ever you choose to holiday next year that you have a great time . its alot of money to come home and be happy ,good luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.