Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Maripins Malgrat
10 Posts
not due there till june but will not be going AI.
will be at planamar from 18th april so may be able to find out a bit more about how maripins will work
Hi jimd-f thank you for getting back to me unfortunately it does not look as though we will be able to make it this year l do believe some of the rooms have been refurbished theese are the ones above the bar area l hope they have not changed things too much many thanks
hi jimd-f
hope you had a good time at the plannamar and l hope the weather was good for you have you heard anything about the changes for the maripins as the reviews do not seem very forthcoming at the minuite
many thanks
will be there on tuesday, so you will have to be patient for your review :wave:

when i was at the Planamar the Maripins were not taking any Ferris bookings as they were full of the youngsters there for the football tournaments so i did not bother going in.
i thought that they had enough to deal with without me bothering them.
thanks jimd-f
thanks for getting back to me bless you yes l can imagine it was hectic still hope you had a good time
many thanks
just back from maripins.
review will follow in next couple of days.
they have completely revamped all the rooms with new showers and beds. all very impressive.
the outdoor area has completely new decking area and new sunbeds etc.
more choice of food at mealtimes.
not convinced about AI. they wanted €20 per day to upgrade from HB and they only did local drinks. if you wanted branded drinks on AI you had to pay half price so i am not convinced about the value.
all the old staff are still there -nice to be remembered by name on arrival, and in the restaurant, and got apologies before i even handed over my ticket/passport that my requested room was not available but would be next day.
now if only they could sort the weather out it would be bliss.
Welcome back Jim :tup Hope you had a good time so looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

I gather the weather wasn't too good? :(
We got back from playa d'aro just up the coast on the 2nd. Weather was awful for the full week. Torrential rain / thuinder every day and got held up in traffic coming back through France due to French bank hol.
just back from another visit. review done.
the hotel is now 4* so you have to pay the higher tax on arrival.
stayed AI this time as was with friends but next month i will be back but will not do AI again as i am usually out every night and because the AI does not start till 11am i was still paying for my first coffee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.