Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
The bars along the beach front are a must and so is the turkish massage. Also if your looking for a relaxing time you might like the boat trips.
Kaino

For me it would be a meal in the 'Garden' Restaurant which is right on the beach, a lazy day boat trip which is fantastic and a trip into both Icmeler and Turunc which are lovely resorts too.

Wilson :wink:
i must say i liked the all inclusive boat trips.. it was only about £5 per person, you get the chance to jump off the boat for a swim 2 or 3 times, and obviously all the food and drink was free.. you also pull into a little bay where you can spend a couple of hours strolling around this small town.. sorry cant remember the name of it... but if nobody here knows, im sure i can soon find out!

clare.
Thanks folks - boat trips definitely on the list to do and someone has told me must go to Talk of the Town drag show aswell.
I suggest two daily boat trips:

1- Local (caves, Aquarium, Turunch, Kumlubuk, Kadirga, Chiftlik-this is the village mitchell is talking about)
2- Dalyan-Caunos

Surely reserve at least an evening for the "covered bazaar" (for the lack of a better phrase) of Marmaris. But if you aslo go to Ichmeler, walk along the stream, lined with little make-shift shops. It is 20-30 giftshops with interesting items, quite an efficient way of getting small presents to several relatives at once (if you'll do that)
Just booked again for Marmaris in June after brilliant holiday last summer there.

Went on a few boat trips. The Daylan/Turtle Beach one and a couple of lazy days ones which were all brilliant and fantastic value.

Also did jeep safari which was a good laugh and a great way to see around the area.

Did markets at both Marmaris and Icmeler but preferred the latter one.

Water park on beach front was excellent also.

Going to do the Turkish baths first day this year, some more boat trips and probably the jeep safari again but think i wont get the turkish shave this year as my face just about fell aparp last year. Must have sensitive skin!!
All the things mentioned already are great and not to be missed ,but the best thing i ever done on my first and subsequent visits to turkey was to have a shave and haircut from a turkish barber shop ,a brilliant experience , these guys spend a lot of time on you . Wish there was one in my home town.
That is if you are a man :que cant tell by your user name . :think .
Bluepeterno1
Whats the best way to get from marmaris to ichmeler and what day is market day please.
There are various ways of getting to icmeler,we found the water taxi to be a nice way of getting there,a dolmus,or some people even walk.I cannot remember what day we went to the market. :sun2
icelmer market is on a wednesday,take your ten pound notes you get better deals.we got a dolmus there and a taxi boat back.sue
To get to Icmeler you can either catch a dolmus from outside Tansas (white with an orange stripe and it will be marked Icmeler), catch a water taxi by the little bridge or if you like walking you can walk right along the seafront to Icmeler from Marmaris. It's a lovely walk and best done in the early evening. I wouldn't recommend it when it is very hot as it is quite a long way but there are several bars where you can have a rest and a nice cool drink along the way :cheers

I would also recommend Mega Diana boat, we've been going on it for years on the lazy day cruise and works out about £12 with breakfast, lunch and all drinks (including decent bottled beer and spirits) included. H's brother usually takes the boat out and depending on the crowd has been known to turn it into a bit of a party. The boat trip to Turtle Beach/Dalyan is also a great day out.

Try a Turkish bath too - a brilliant experience.

Kittimus
hiya kittimus where about do we book mega diana boat trip :que sounds inviting we go 4th aughust cant wait :wave:
Can only book Mega Diana from their own booking office which is behind the Royal Maris hotel on the beachfront. Don't know any road names but sure someone will help with that. Great day out on the boat.

Edit: Donatella Travel is name of agency you need to book with.
Having been to Marmaris 7 times last October was the first time we done the jeep safari, Such a laugh we had, be prepared to get wet and dirty tho! I had to bin my nice white top! So wear something dark!

Anna.
One for the ladies, have your eye brows plucked, they use cotton like the cats cradle we used to play as kids, but its brilliant and lasts for ages, makes your eyes water a bit though !!! :cry
I know what you mean about the jeep safari wgipk, its fantastic brings our the kid in everyone, really good fun though, wear the darkest clothes that you have and dont expect to wear them again on holiday. All in all a fun day out and a brill way of seeing the area around Marmaris. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.