Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
MARMARIS
14 Posts
hi just come back from marmaris last week (wish i was still there) the prices i don't think have changed a lot still quit cheap 4.99 lira for a english breakfast (so they say english). the seafront that they knocked down at dec is coming along real nice. went for a walk down it one nite not the same but it was the start of the season. But once salt n pepa gets going again and all the rest it should be good. i have not heard of your hotel where about is it in marmaris. have you ever been before ? i am hoping to go back in sept can't wait ;) laura
Hi Jenni

Hope this finds you well. There has been a couple of posts by people just coming back. As always it would seem prices have gone up but not too much as far as I can see. Seems to have been a bit of a nightmare down the front but the feedback is that it's coming along nicely and I would think it will be looking good come Aug/Sept. Only update I can give you about Alize is that I'm sure Compi is back working down there. I liked Alize (not as much as Turquoise though ...) when we went the first year it opened. Needless to say we're heading back to Turquoise again for the umpteenth time.

Wilson ;)
Hi Wilson

Nice to hear from you.

really looking forward to Marmaris this year, been a few years since we were there. I have heard it has changed on the seafront, but we never seemed to spend much time there anyway!

Nice to hear Compi is at the Alize, my daugher and her new husband and wee son are heading out the week before us and then we will join them for a week

We will probably call into the Turquoise for a drink while we are there

No need to tell you to have a good time .............. as I am sure you will

Love Jen
Hi I got bk home from Marmaris Sunday just gone and I go many time and to be honest I didnt notice much difference in the price at all,we were getting 2.20 to the pound, we found that at most places,, Efes was around 4 lira in most places, Dolmushes were the same price, 1.50 lira around marmaris and 2 lira to Icmeler. Meals were varying from 15lira to 25 lira depending on what you eat,, I,m a veggie so mine are always cheaper. The boat trip we always go on has gone up from £15 TO £18.

I didnt stay at the Club Alize this time, I have stayed there a few times in the past but while we were there we were walking past so we popped in to show some of our friends what it looked like. Nice hotel but I prefer somewhere a little quieter.

The beach front is a pleasure to walk down, its all cleaned up and not loud, I thought it was quite pretty, we go down to the O YES bar, they do nice meals.

I will be flying back out there on the 27th June carnt wait :sun2
hey,we returned from marmaris last sunday, cant say we noticed too much difference prce wise,of course there were some increases but thats happening everywere!have to say'we werent too impressed with the food this year,i eat chicken hubby has steak,in the end we ended up sticking to o'yes which is now at the marina not on the beachfront-meal for 2 of us with water and soft drink about 55 lira,they give you free hot bread with the butter that not many places are doing as its not feasible cost wise! overall it was a bit quiet and shocked at how many places closed,didnt manage to get to baechfront-im 7 months pregnant and was sotired with the heat i couldnt walk far lol,temps were in the 30's! overall another good hol in marmaris,wish i could turn back a week lol!enjoy your hols,sure you'll have a fab time!x
Just been to Marmaris last week for the first time so can't compare it but found it a great place to stay, all the people are very friendly and everywhere was very clean, with a great choice of places to eat and drink. Thought all the food was excellent. Went to O'Yes and that was on the beach front not the Marina. Fantastic meal and great staff there would recommend to all. We got free bread and coffee's in most places and paid between 50 - 80TL depending how much we drank (2 of us) !!!! Lots of places doing 15 - 20 TL meal deals. Most expensive meal was at Natalie's when the bill was 90TL but to be fair the steaks were excellent and thats still only just over £20 each !!!

Thought all the prices were OK and only paid 3.5TL for a Efes on the beach front which I thought was very reasonable.

Could see where a few places had been pulled down on the beachfront and a few places were just being finished off but still had plenty of options of where to eat.

All in all an excellent place :tup
very helpful - thank you ;)

xx
just got back from Club Alize today...
had a great time there again (5th year). Compi, Coco are there as well as the usual bar/restaurant staff.
Only change this year is that you cant go OUT of the front door. They say this is for safety, but we guess the main reason is to stop losing trade to Cousins restaurant. So now you go out through the games room and walk around. but Cenghiz keeps an eye out of the front door to see whos eating there. :)
You can walk IN through the front.

the excellent and helpful Michelle is still the rep there.

most prices seem to be around the same as last year, apart from red meat where most dishes have gone up between 4-5 lira per meal.
Hello all

but Cenghiz keeps an eye out of the front door to see whos eating there.

What a cheek! The whole point of going selfcatering is so that you can eat in different places!

Mind you he is one of the reasons I never went back to Club Alize :think
Do you know if you can go into Club Alize (as a non-resident) to have a meal at the restaurant or a drink in their bar? We are going to Marmaris soon and stayed there in the past - we would like to go back to say hello to some of the staff.
Yes I think you can because my Mum & Dad came to eat & drink with us all the time when we were out there, they were even waiting at the bar when we arrived (they were staying elsewhere).

:)
Thats good , we stayed at the alize 3 years ago and after a couple years in oludeniz we are now going to try icmeler but were hoping to pop in alize for a beer and say hello
wizyfam3 wrote:
Do you know if you can go into Club Alize (as a non-resident) to have a meal at the restaurant or a drink in their bar? We are going to Marmaris soon and stayed there in the past - we would like to go back to say hello to some of the staff.

yes they can. we had friends who came and spent all day at the pool with us and ate there in the evening.
mickyjo wrote:
Hello all

but Cenghiz keeps an eye out of the front door to see whos eating there.

What a cheek! The whole point of going selfcatering is so that you can eat in different places!

Mind you he is one of the reasons I never went back to Club Alize :think

he only did it it a joking way with us.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.