Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi
My daughter has had tatoos done in 2 different tatoo parlours in Marmaris last year, both clean and tidy and really helpful, one in the Blue Bay Deluxe Hotel on the main Marmaris to Icmeler road and the other in the Portobello Apartments, set a bit further back off the same main road. Both places did the tatoos exactly how she wanted them and she had no problem at all with them afterwards. I don't think they were that expensive either (compared to here), I'm almost sure she negotiated the price before getting them done.
Hope this helps

Jackie
Think it would be a bad idea getting a tatt done on holiday really as
1.You are not supposed to go in swimming pools as the chlorine will bleach the tattoo right back out again
2.You`ll have to keep it covered all the time as you cant get direct sunlight on a new tattoo for a good few weeks.
3.I know people who have had them done over there(including turkish friends)and they has just faded really badly as obviously the tattooist was waterin done their ink to make it go further.

Your best getting done by a reutable tattooist at home(when you come home) and not getting any bother with it

nicked this from a tattoo aftercare site

Avoid sun beds, sun bathing and swimming for at least 3 weeks.

Once the skin has healed you can continue to use some aftercare products as a moisturiser to keep your skin looking and feeling fresh.

Use a high sun factor cream when going out into direct sunlight as tattoos don't generally like UV light which can fade colours.
I think if its a reputable tattooist they would advise you to wait and have it done on the last day of your holiday, i had one done a couple of years ago, it was along the sea front up some metal steps just passed triannas reastaurant and the turtle bar, i went in on the 2nd day of my holiday, and they refused to do it until my last day, i had no problems with my tattoo, and it still looks just as new now as the day i had it done!

clare.
Great stuff really do appreciatte the replies / advice, wiull certainly take the advice off only having it done at the very end off the holiday if I do decide to go ahead with one, anymore advice regards actual jatoo shops to use and general pricing would be great.

cheers
jono400

i use harrys in icmeler and he has got shopin marmaris now aswell
you can see pictures here

http://www.icmeler-info.com/main/page_harrys_page_.html
prices are abit cheaper than uk but not that much difference
Haven't read the replies, in a rush, but really wouldn't recommend it.

My sister got one done last summer in Marmaris, it's a complete mess. Half the colour has gone, they didn't go deep enough. Going to need recolouring (which she still hasn't got round to getting done)
my husband had one done a few years ago must of been mid life crisis it was when we stayed at the club alize in marmaris they had a tatoo parlour by the pool area it was awoman that did it he was in there a few hours he has one made up she did a really good job he has it on bottom of back it cost about £25 if he had it done in england it would be triple that shegave him some waterproof cealer that keeps it moist and does ont dry up he didnt go in pool that day but the day after he kept applying the cream he was fine and never had any prob at all she did excellent job
I think perhaps if you are getting a tattoo, price should not be too much of an issue. Surely better to pay more and have a decent quality tattoo seeing as its going to be there forever!?
i had one done a few years ago and i had no problems with it, best to get it done the day before you go home. i had it done in a tattoo parlour on the beach front.. i think it was above the turtle bar, the tattooist was an english guy from hull who,d been living in marmaris for some years, it was quite cheap too. very clean and quick i'll probably get another in august :tup
belongs somebody recommends where to have it done when in turkey then it does matter about paying money out as i did recommend somewhere and it did not cost over the odds and yes it is there perminant and they did do a good job we had ours done 2nd week of hols and went in the water the next day with the protector cream which is waterproof and it did work so we still enjoyed our hols
i was reading about this subject on the icmeler on line forum and everyone on their that had, had it done was really happy with them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.