Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Weather wise I think it's quite warm from what iI've read on other forums, I'm going in November and have'nt been that time of year before, Have been in Jan and March and it's been quite warm and gone home with a good tan, we sometimes go 3 times a year. Where are you staying and what sort of info do you want, places to go or eat drink etc . Don't know anything about car hire. Can tell you about restuarants bars etc and maybe places to go, just ask.
Haven't actually done GC at that time of year, but we've done Tenerife and Lanzarote for Christmas several times and the weather's always been great. Definitely sunbathing and very warm in the mid twenties.

If you want to go exploring then a car is desireable, but if it's just to get from the airport to your hotel and then the odd trip into town (PDI), maybe taxi's would be a better bet.

Maspalomas is a very nice upmarket resort with some great hotels, restaurants/bars and shops, but nightlife is very low key. However PDI is only a 3-4 euro taxi ride away if you want something livelier.
Well im off tomorrow
Let you know how it was when i get back......if i come back!
:lol:
Just got back from 10 days in Tenerife and the weather was excellent as always. Lovely sunbathing weather every day, mid twenties centigrade and feeling quite hot in the direct sun.

That's now the 12th time we've been to the Canaries, at various times of the year and we've never, ever had bad weather.

They're truly a year round sunshine destination, with what must be one of the best climates in the world.
Well it was ok apart from the first two days it rained
I was also ill for the whole week!!! Typical!!
The place I stayed was lovely thoe..Palm Oasis.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.