Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
My daughter got married in the Seychelles and although it is a very pretty place it is very expensive.We got our holiday off teletext which was reasonable but eating out was expensive and so was car hire.Many people we met were on a twin centre holiday and prefered Mauritius.I personally would not go back free as I think it is overated.
We got a deal off Teletext to the Seychelles as well. Eating out was expensive and nothing special. At the time we visited Seychelles was described as a five star desination with three star hotels (ours certainly was and dirty to boot) - they have done something to improve on the hotels since then.

Not been to Mauritius yet, but the research I've been doing with help from people on the forums is that you don't have to do AI as eating out can be reasonable. Drink may be a pricier but since I don't do to much of that it would not be an issue for me.
I'm off to both in less than two weeks so i'll post a report when i get back. We're going out for a friends wedding in Mauritius and just decided to get as much as we can out of travelling so far so we're off to the Seychelles, Mauritius and Dubai.
Can't wait :D !!
Have you asked for all your hotels to be added to the Review section Marcus? You can request this in the Help & Assistance forum.

luci :wave
Hi Carbol. Perhaps i can help you. We went to Mauritius and got married. We went all inclusive, but on the drinks menu it had the prices if you didn't. We worked out for an orange juice it would cost about nearly £4. There probably are cheaper places to eat - i suppose it is just a matter of looking around. It is a beautiful country with lovely people. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.