Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Mauritius
50 Posts
lilyjosh
would you be able to write a review of the One and Only for us? I have asked for it to be added to our reviews
Probably a bit too expensive for me though!
does anyone have other hotels they would like added?
thanks Tony for the review on the Paul and Virginie hotel
Fiona, the Shandrani can be added. :D

But the review will have to wait until December. :(
Looks like some hotel there! Just spoiling yourself or is it a special occasion? I have asked for it to be added. Hopefully it will be reviewed before next December! :D
It certainly is a special occasion. Another 2 weeks out of this lousy weather! :lol:
We're off to Mauritius next week and were just wondering how much spending money would be appropriate for 2 weeks (we're all inculsive but planning to travel around the island a bit) - how expensive are things like taxis, meals, drinks etc?

Thanks in advance
MW13,

I got back 2 weeks ago and costs vary depending if you're in a touristy area or not. Taxi's are quite reasonable. You can hire a car / driver from Mauritours for half a day or a full day for not much money. I got a taxi from Belle Mare on the north-east of the island to Black River on the south-west and it was 1500 Rupees. It's about 1.25 hour drive each way and the driver waited for 6 hours in between to bring us back. We gave him 2000 Rupees since he waited. 2000 Rupees is under £35 at current exchange rate. Eating out obviously depends on where you go, but isn't much different from most holiday destinations. Jewelry is very expensive though.

Darren
Excellent, thanks for the info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.