Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I had an unexpected visit to a hospital when I was there and was very impressed with what I saw. I had to get an xray only but I would have no worries about going for a blood test whatsoever :)
I think this is the best Hospital in the area. http://www.apollovictorhospital.com It's in Margao.
I've been to hospital a few times in Goa needing anything from X-rays to fishing hooks cut out and I wouldn't worry about a thing.

I have always found them very clean and efficient. Treatment is cheap as chips and you don't usually queue, which is about the worst part of it; walking past all the indians waiting to be seen.

As long as you are clear about what you want testing, which your doctor can tell you, then you won't have a problem.

You might want to take your own needles and syringe, which you can buy (travel medical kits - not cheap though) or perhaps get your uk doctor to give you but if you do you need to check with the airline whether you have to surrender them or maybe just pack in your hold luggage. If you don't take your own just make sure you see the packs opened in front of you.
Get your needles from the practice nurse (free), I took lots of different shapes and sizes when i travelled around India without hassle.
Good info guys, very impressed......jxk8
Thank you everybody for all the info on medical facilities, especially the web site for the nearby hospital, this will be our first time to Goa and we have found holiday truths invaluable for preparing us for our break, keep up the good work and thanks a million. xx
Unless you are staying in the south the apollo hospital is an hours drive. You should be able to have a blood test for INR at any doctor, your hotel should have a one they call. As for taking needles, I wouldnt bother, they always use new disposables, same as uk. The days of using the same needles ended a long while ago.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.