Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Re: Meet and Greet
136 Posts
Hi,
I'm john, my wife is aileen and we have one son aged 9 called daniel, used to be a member of this site three or four years ago but couldn't remember my username etc. so i'm starting again as a new user.
we have been going to Bulgaria since 1986 or 87 must have been around 15 times, was always sunny beach or golden sands, with the odd weekend in Sofia, i don't like the big resorts now so we just head to varna and use it as a base to see some of the other great places in this great country, we occasionally take a holiday in italy too.
recognise a few of the regulars on here from another site, like Baldur, tanjette and Patka/Peter of york, i hope to be able to help with some questions if i can!
Great to be back :tup
John S.
Welcome back John!

Perhaps if you search for some of the topics you may have posted in previously, you may recognise your old username?

luci :wave
Welcome John S, I too reconise you from the other side. Cheers. Tonyt.
Hi John S,

Welcome back!

It's great to see you on HT.

Baldur
Hi John, we're still around.

Patka
Hi,
I have already made a few posts but here we go:
My name is Aimi, I am 18, although my teenage years are flying past and I will be 19 in August. My finace, Dave will be showing face too, he is 20, 21 in August.
We are the kind of people who dont really go on holiday to relax, we like to be out and about and on the go.
We have a love of ice hockey, exploring, horse ridding and general partying.
We are away to bulgaria, our first time aboard together, on June 20th for 2 weeks. Sunny beach - Sunrise hotel.
:sun2
hi Aimi
first holiday abroad together- you must be really excited :)
oh yeah - i just have totally no idea what to expect of sunny beach :think
Hi Everyone, Im Willie, 35, form Dublin, myself and fiancee Caroline are off to Sunnybeach on June 16 for a week. Judging by this site it sounds great. Not really into the nightclub scene but Ffeel free to recommend a few good watering holes for a bit of fun at nighttime.
:welcome to HT Willie. We have a thread on recommended bars and restaurants for this season but not many have actually been out yet.
Hi everyone, I'm Cath from Hull, will be holidaying in just over 2 weeks time in Sunny Beach, can't wait, 18 of us going, will be staying at the Hotel Sunrise, our party ages go from a 2year old up too 61 year old, found this site very helpful, this will be our first visit to Bulgaria (apart from 2 in our party) and great to know how everyone loves Bulgaria and makes return visits, will keep reading the forums for those little tips, thanks to all who have contributed them.
Happy Hols everyone.
Cath.
Hi everyone, my name is Liz, I joined early this year, my husband's name is Lee and we are going to Sunny Beach on June 16th, thats next Monday, for one week. We are quite excited even though we dont really know what to expect, we are looking to buy in the near future. We usually go to the Carrabean but thought a short haul flight would be better for one week's stay. This is such a friendly site, keep up the good work.
Welcome everyone - glad to hear you find the site helpful :tup The credit to the site is all down to our lovely members are always willing to share their experiences :cheers
Hi Liz, Myself and fiancee Caroline are heading on the 16th too. First timers aswell so we too dont know what to expect. Other sites kinda put me off the idea of Bulgaria but since we joied "Holidaytruth" our minds were made up. Now we cant wait to get there. So much to look forward too. Roll on Monday :hols
Hi everyone, My names is Simon and i'm 27 (dreading turning 30) :cry. I live in Blackburn with my Wife Hayley and our 2 and half year old daughter Isabelle.

We spent our honeymoon in Sunny Beach 2 years ago and we had such a great time we went back the year after and are going again on 25th August.

Cheers

Simon
Hi

My name is Rachael and im 34 years old. Im single and live in Birmingham, i have 2 children and im a development manager for an extremely large financial company. Im off to sunny beach on July 11th, just me and my 8 year old daughter, staying at the Majestic Beach. Ive never been to Bulgaria before but booked it cos it was £300 cheaper than Morocco ;) . I love travelling and later in the year im off to Kusadasi in Turkey and Egypt. Any advice for a single parent traveller to bulgaria would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Rachael xx
Hi
My name is Susan & I'm 41 Going out to Sunny Beach for the first time with my 11 year old daughter on 25th July for 1 week. Staying at the Riu Palace Helena Sands. I stay in Glasgow & work for a car dealership in the fleet side of the business. OH isn't coming as he doesn't like beach holidays. Worried about reports that hotel will fine you 300 Euros if you take food or drink into hotel & have even heard some reports of them searching you :yikes
Are there any groups of single parents going around the same time that I could occasionally tag along with, for a chat at night time or doing the trip to the waterpark as I hate water, my daughter loves it, I stand at the waters edge and worry about her drowning & me drowning trying to save her & what do you do with towels, money & suncream if the 2 of you are in the water ?
The forums are great for local knowledge.
Thanks to all
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.