Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Re: Meet and Greet
136 Posts
hiwoobydoo, ive been to the water park 3times with my kids.you are not allowed to take food and drink in but its very reasonable to buy anything you need inside.the kids and me loved it.the waters not deep and there are loads of life guards all around,male and female.
As for taking things into hotels ive never heard of being seached,i always stock up with booze and food from the many shops around sunny beach.enjoy your hols and don't worry, :sun2
:wave:
hi everyone my name is tina and im a new member to this forum. like all of you i have been to bulgaria and i loved it so much i bought an apartment in june in sunny beach (im usually on the forum for property owners) as we missed the holiday season family and friends are using it now and so far everyone has had no complaints...well except for the pushy taxi drivers!! i have 3 kids 16, 14,12 and sunny beach has everything for them all. the water park at the top of sunnybeach is brill!! :tup . it has restaurants in the complex and is very reasonable and properly supervised plus the local bus brings you there for 2 levs. meals out are very cheap and for families there are the familiar mc donalds and KFC. clothes are very cheap and very good quality and if there are any bag fanatics out there like me ;) you will be blown away with the choice of Prada, gucci and dior rip offs.
nessabar is a beautifull city to visit if you like old buildings and for the shopaholic the new nessabar is just up the road. also Bourgas is another place to visit although it looks very run down from the outside because of the horrible high tower blocks that surround it , once your in the main streets it a differnt story plus its much cheaper than sunny beach. sorry if i sound like a holiday rep but i would reccommend bulgaria for a holiday.
:tup talk soon tina
Hi
The names Smithy, nickname for my real name ... Nathan Smith

Hope that you all enjoyed your holidays in Bulgaria and can hopefully provide me with some information about the place ;)
:wave: hi smithy
im sure you read my post so you know something about the place. if your single its still worth the visit usually july/august is the time for young people to visit. there are 3 really good dicsos one is called orange and seems really popular. there is supposed to be another one opening soon that people were talking about when we were there that is supposed to be better than all the rest. i have a friend going over there next week so i will ask them to find out more about it!! beer is very cheap and there are hundreds of bars :cheers to choose from. the place is not perfect though :( although most of the bulgarian people are very nice some of them can be very rude and biggest complaint i have with them is that they do try and rip you off when handing change back to you so watch out for that :think but apart from that it is a great place to go to for both young and old.
hope this helps you :)

tina
Hi, im John,

Been to Bulgaria for the last 7 years.
Usually go to golden Sands but Balkan wrote to us saying we would be flying to Bourgas and transferring to golden sands, so we changed to stay in Sunny Beach.
Glad we did, i loved it.
Spent a fortune on the golf buggies.
They have a couple at Alba hotel with nice big chunky tyres which were my favourites.
40 lev an hour though.
Even got the grape sellers trying to give me grapes when i was driving.
Going to the Grand Hotel Oasis next year, cant wait
Hi, Just joined this forum. Love Bulgaria, Been going 3 or 4 times a year for the past 4 years

Purchased apartments in Sunny Beach & St'Vlas. Looking forward to our next trip in May 2009

Gary & Kim
:cheers gary & kim,
like you i bought apartment in sunny beach. how are you finding it? am renting it out this year so im going onto the site for owners as i havent the foggiest what to charge :think have you rented yours yet? if you have any advice on rental would be great. going over in august for a week to chill with the hubby and kids.....cant wait :tup

thanks

tina
Hi Tina,

There are so many places to see - it really depends on your own preferences.

If you look through this thread, you will find some ideas, e.g. Manfred's (Bulgarienfan) posts & photos.

I tend to spend most of the summer in North-East Bugaria, but the less overdeveloped Southern resorts (if there are any left after the building frenzy) which run down to the Turkish border are possibly worth a visit, as is somewhere like Veliko Tarnovo, if you are into history/culture. The relatively nearby (to Sunny Beach) city of Stara Zagora has a long history, going back to the Thracian period.

Baldur
Hi my name is carol, I just joined on here! I am coming on my first holiday to bulgaria in 3 weeks, and I cant wait!! Just hope i get some nice weather :sun2
hi my name is sarah as you can see.

I am from limerick in ireland, i am off to sunny beach on the 29 may, hoping for good weather it is our first time in bulgaria
so hopefully we will have a good time..

:cheers
Hi my names Scott 20 years young

I'm a new student as from September work at Sainsbury's at the moment (Stepping Stone).LOL

Have loved travelling all my short life usually to Spain and Tunisia with my family, went to Valencia last year lads holiday for my 19th.

Me and my girlfriend are going on our first holiday, with her parents who invited me along separate rooms obviously . Where going to sunny beach, staying in the Hotel Pomorie BB, should be very good cant wait to get out there in 5 weeks :cheers :sun2 :cheers

Next please... :tup
if you are looking for a quieter but nice place to visit on the coast, have a look at Sozopol (30km south of Bourgas), its similar to Nessebar in places and the Beaches both to the North and to the South are Beautiful.
Hi my name is Mandy and with my partner Paul and our 4 kids we are The Roberts Clan.

We have just gone and booked our first holiday to Bulgaria but don't actually go until July 2011. Really looking forward to it and found this forum useful when checking out where to stay etc. we're more used to roughing it camping under canvas across europe and the uk so having 4 walls and a bathroom never mind a balcony will seem like heaven!!!

:sun2
hi all,my name is muriel am cornishlads other half,and would just like to say hello to everyone,am married with grown-up kids,so just me and rog and of course our dog bobby whos very cuddley.we go to gs fairly regulary and absolutely love it and all of are bulgarian friends whom we have met over the years.we are of again in 4 weeks.Happy holidays to everyone.
best wishes muriel.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.