Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Meet and Greet
136 Posts
As you know I mod this forum with a lot of help from Peter of York and Baldur! I am also a mod of several other forums. I am married, no kids and have a full time job. I am a primary school teacher. I like to travel, it helps the stress levels! I don't have time for hobbies- too busy on here! Believe it or not, I have never actually been to Bulgaria. My favourite destination is the Far East. I have also loved both my trips to Rio and have bought some land in Brazil. I am off to Hong Kong, Saigon and Bangkok in a couple of weeks and to Antigua in the summer.
Now- who's next?
Ok i will go next.
My names Steve,Live in notts.I work for warburtons as a morning goods supervior.Im married with two children.I too havent been to bulgaria ,this years the first time.My hobbies are fish keeping ,both pond and aquarium,my computer,motorbikes i ride a 900 fireblade ,gardening and cars.but love my holidays.
Steve

Next Please
Hi my name is christine and it also is my first time to bulgaria.Im from bham and work as a pupil guide and senior supervivsor at a special school i have a hubby steve and 3 children and a granddaughter but its only the girls that is coming on holiday with us.Cant wait till august as im really looking forward to it thanks christine :sun :sun :sun :wave :wave
Hi Steve and Christine
It's great to know a little about the person behind the screen name!
My real name is Rolf, and I live in Fredrikstad, Norway. I am 28 years old, and married. (those of you that are logged in can see me and my wife from our first BG trip on the left side)
I work full time as a sales man, and I am the team manager of Stjernen Hockey in the Norwegian UPC League. Since hockeyseason was finished for us on sunday :( I will now pick up my "Teach Yourself Bulgarian" course.

This summer will be our 5th trip to Bulgaria in four years. (Twice last summer) Favorite place so far is Sunny Beach.

We have no kids yet since my wife is still under education, so we use most of the year saving money to go on different trips while we`re still young and have the possibillity.
My name is Ian, live in Telford, Married with 2 kids, work as a shift engineer in a foundry. We went to BG for the first time last year (elenite) would love to go again but SB or golden sands next time. Hobbies motor bikes , motorsports and beer.
Hi
My name in Jan and I am married to Paul, we live close to Tamworth and have three grown up children. We have been to Bulgaria many times and have owned a property close to Balchick for the past two years and our favourite place is Albena. I am a full time secretary for a printing company and Paul is a mechanic. We hope to retire to Bulgaria eventually.
keep them coming- it's great to get to know a little about the person behind the screen name!
Hi everybody
My name is Tom my wife is Mandy we live in Northern Ireland and have been to Bulgaria 5 times. We got married 19 years ago and I took my wife their for our honeymoon we never returned for 14 years as money was tight. But we took the oppertunity when my wifes oldest left home under bad circumstances to take her daughter and our son to Golden Sands. Our son who is very fair then aged 12 got badley sun burnt as they were having a very hot summer and one of the people in a restruant gave us a cup of natural yougart and said that is for the blond boy and I thought it very nice.
We then talked my mother and father in law in to visit Bulgaria and when we went to book it we were advised to try SB as my mother in law has trouble walking so we did. The next year 7 of us went which meant 3 generations went age raging from 69 to 16 and we all enjoyed it. This just goes to show it is a resort for everyone. We returned again last year with my wifes daughter and future son in law. But sorry we will not be there this year as they are getting married but hopefully will be back soon.

Just to say yes we got the wedding over and we have already booked for to go back to SB in August 2007 so just goes to show how much we enjoy Bulgaria.

Tom
  • Edited by tgilmour 2006-11-04 17:45:55
Enjoy the wedding Tom!
:wave HT members

My real name is Karen, I am married with 3 grown up children, well my baby is 17 years old. :lol:
I work full time as a bail and remand officer with young offenders, which I really enjoy doing.

I have been to Bulgaria in 2004, we should have gone to sunny beach resort but the hotel or agents overbooked us :cry: and we ended up in Elenite.

I am so pleased we found this forum, it is fantastic being able to obtain such a diverse opinion of different resorts and topics.

well done holiday truths and moderators keep up the good work :wink:
Hi Karen
I see we have similar jobs! :lol:
Hi everyone,

My name is Stephen and I am from Paisley. I am married but no kids. My wife and I first went to Bulgaria in 1998 on a late AOA deal. Ended up in Sunny Beach which we both loved. Returned again in 2003, 2004, 2005 and heading there again this year! Made some good friends that work in Mamacitas restraunt and looking forward to seeing them this year if they are back working there.

Flying from Glasgow on 3rd July this year for 2 weeks (spending birthday in SB! :glynis )

If anyone else is going at that time and wants to meet up, let me know.

Cheers

Stephen
Hi
My name is Yvonne and I live in Birmingham (Sutton Coldfield). I am married with 2 childen who are at primary school. I work as a part time administrator.

We went to Sunny Beach in 2003 and stayed at the hotel Sever Yug, went back in 2005 and stayed at the Golden Dreams apartments. It is a great resort.

We decided to return to Bulgaria this year. We are going to Sozopol for a change this time and really looking fowrad to it.
Hi
Hello everyone,
Currently living in Bulgaria but originate from NZ.Haven't been home for 13 odd years.You could say my wife and I are travellers.
Working as property managers we manage our own apartments in Borovets ski resort and our guesthouse in Sozopol.
Andrew & Fiona :D
im nicole im a 34 year old hairdresser from manchester im going back to bulgaria for the third time this year we love it my fella mick is a plastere and my son tom is 15 , it is the only place ive felt safe letting him do his own thing , it will probably be toms last holiday with us but im sure he'll go back with mates if only for the cheap shopping
Hi Nicole, welcome to HT! :wave

Pippy :D
my name is julie and i am going to sunny beach with my husband and my 3 kids first time, am a bit nervous as ive heard good and bad about the country but im sure i will enjoy myself.
hi all

as my nickname applies im 33 with a partner with 2 girls aged 15 and nine My R/L is Gary this holiday this year in september will be the first time that I have been to bulgaria, heard contradicting reports, however whereas im an experienced traveller to many weird and wonderful places IE did a 4 week excursion up the Amazon to a POOPOO hotel in crete.
so although i have experienced the good and bad neither my current partner or her kids have ever been abroad so fingers crossed that it does meet some expectations and doesn't put my girls of going abroad again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.