Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Or two? I'm usually in double figures before the sun sinks into the sea!
z3ddie ...We will be there at most of the meets from the 15th of Feb so listen out for us Irish :rofl gooner fan I will see you there too what date are you going to Goa ...colleen
I am Always at the meets and make a special effort to spend as much time as possible with new or recently arrived members,no one this season has introduced themselves as Zorba,or last to my knowledge :que ,also i think gooner fan is not out here till around february so this is a strange post
I must say you always seem very pleased to see us Mr Dragon :wave: but that could be because we give you a lift home :rofl :rofl :rofl
As an aside - I noticed one of the posters mentioned that Beach Road is quiet - is that because of the lack of tourists?

Beach Road was closed for the Sunburn festival around new year but understand Candolim was heaving then but it does tend to go quiet early January and get busy by early February, we have just got back and have only been to eat in Arpora and that has been nicely busy in the evenings but the roads were manic last night as both night markets were on, so there must be plenty of tourists about
Sorry to hear Zorba did'nt have a pleasant experience, If your thinking of going for the 1st time try not to let it put you off. When we first went we were fortunate in that not only had we been going to Goa for years but we new a few people who were there.Here is a little something that will give you an idea of the place and the people who do a great job by being on hand for any advice/tips ...... ( done to the Beverly Hillbillies tune)

WENT TO THE CARVERY TO TRY OUT A HT MEET,
HAVE A FEW BEERS MAYBE GRAB A BITE TO EAT,
OUTSIDE THE CARVERY SAW THE NAMES UPON THE BOARD,
IT LOOKED LIKE THE REGISTER OF CLINIC RUN BY BETTY FORD,
PEOPLE ARE MADE WELCOME OF THAT THERE IS NO DOUBT,
IF YOUR UNSURE OF SOMETHING SOMEONE THERE WILL HELP YOU OUT,
ZORBA I'M SORRY THAT IT NEVER WORKED FOR YOU,
BUT THE CARVERY'S ALWAYS OPEN TO FRIENDS BOTH OLD & NEW.
Cheers Keith..... :cheers
Great Keith :rofl we have always had a good welcome at the meets
very friendy lot :tup
annx
I am really surprised by anyone feeling the meet ups are clicky. We took friends this year for the first time and they loved it, thought everyone was really friendly. We went to our first meet ups about 10 years ago when they were in Calangute on Wednesdays and Candolim on Sundays and have always really enjoyed them, they are now a big part of our holiday and can't imagine not going on a Wednesday night. As Chilly says though it is a two way thing and we have to understand everyone has their personal friends, they are on holiday as well after all.
Brenliz, agree fully with you, meets are always a very friendly affair and i have never seen anyone been left out, everyone always makes an effort to mix especially with new people and to introduce them to everyone else. They are in no way clicky. We have been going for several years and have made some wonderful friends at the Carvery.
Just to hope fully put this to bed ,took another look at original poster Zorbas comment,and noticed he had only joined that day and that is the only post he has ever made,the information contained is suspect,so i am suspecting a Troll with some sort of warped agenda,we occasionaly get persons like this who imagine these type of posts are fun to do,usualy someone under a false identity,same sort of person who sends viruses etc,
let me state quite clearly everyone is welcome to the HT meets on wednesday nights at the Carvery and also at the same venue Fridays to the quiz,be you first timers,long termers or old hands,of any religion and whatever nationality,i promise you a warm welcome :D
even if your man uuuuuuuuuuuuu,er mmmmmmmmmmmmm er sorry cant bring myself to type that one but they can come and meet with the Dragons anyway and talk about my beloved Liverpool :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hi Guys, we arrive in Candolim on 14th January 2012 till 28th January 2012 and staying in the Alor Grande. Looking forward to see you all at the HT meets on Wednesday 18th & 25th January 2012 with of course 'The Boys' Little Chris & Alfi.

Looking forward to it guys xxxxx

Chris & Alfi
ChrisandAlfi :wave:

It was great to meet all Four of you last year,

All the best for your next trip , the meets are a great night out

http://s15.postimage.org/6s9e3x3nr/P1020245.jpg

Click to make bigger xx lassi and norm
Hi Lassi ! ! !

It was great meeting you too. The "little ones" are also excited and will be with us . . . again.

So HT Meets watch out - the boys will be in town very soon ! ! ! :) We fly out this afternoon x x x
Dragon not coming to any meets, cos I really do NOT want to talk about your beloved Li------- :cry :rofl
I'll certainly discuss it with you in March Dragon, And i'm bringing reinforcements in the shape of my lad Tom, just in case we have to deal with any Manx! :rofl :rofl :rofl
now we have had a bit of a laugh and banter i just want to say EVERYONE is welcome to the meets,no matter who
Flying tomorrow so please add Kippaxian and OH for 25th Jan and 1st Feb

Cheers!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.