Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I've been there a couple of times , the last time was 2 years ago , we stayed at the La Quinta hotel near Cal n Bosch , lovely hotel with good food , didnt really like the resort , it was not IMO as nice as Cala Galdana where we stayed in the Audax previously , that was again a good hotel but both are really suited to adults , the hotel up the road in Cala Galdana was more family orientated and had very good evening entertainment which we watched from the roadside whilst having a walk round .
We hired a car from Poppy's car hire on our last visit and our experience is on the car hire thread on here , definitely recommend them .
:tup
I wonder if its the sort of place folks like to keep a secret so that they have it to themselves?
I think it's a lovely island , it's very suitable for families with young children and " older" adults who want a quiet and relaxing time , we also visited Citudella ( spelling ) !! A really beautiful place , I think most of the resorts are quite small in comparison to other islands nearby , I would imagine that they have a lot of repeat visitors , it feels that sort of place ?
We may book a last minute week in Cala Galdana in early October. We were there in October last year also stayed at the Audax which is a nice hotel and appealed as it's adults only. The resort is good for families though, with a lovely beach and a couple of large family hotels.

It was my first visit to Menorca and I quite liked the Island which we explored with our hire car. As it now looks as though my long haul holidays are drawing to a close I'm looking for quiet laid back places nearer home for short one week trips and Menorca looks like a place that fits the bill. The island may be a bit too quiet for some people though.

Andy it's Ciutadella. :cheers
Nearly there ! Spell check was having problems as much as me !!
the beach at CG is really lovely and sitting in the Audax bar is a really pleasant experience , just a pity the restaurants there don't have a view , the pool area and daytime snack restaurant are nice .
Cala Galdana in August. 7 weeks and counting :sun2
I'm another one off to Cala Galdana, private villa though not an hotel, have a great time Debs. :wave:

Our second time there. :sun2
I'm going for the first time in July 2016. We have booked a villa for 4 weeks and will have a eight month old baby. I'm making the most of maternity leave!!
Any advise for travelling with a baby or tips about Menorca appreciated. We are staying in Cala n Forcat.

Thanks

Louise x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.