Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Toonman. What a puzzle you have set there. Albena is really in three parts. One is on the hillside and if the pins are not up to much walking, you rely on the noddy train or free shuttle bus during 9 to 5. or threre is central but you are limited with lack of Hotels taking British Tour Companies or you have 5 Hotels just away from centre all of which are on the Beach. Namely. Boryana, Nona. Elitsa. Albena Playa/Beach. or Hotel Gergana. These over the past few years have been completely done up. I have just done a report on the Nona. It was in the Balkan 1st issue for 2007. but does not show in 2nd issue. If I can help anymore, try me. Cheers Tonyt.
toonman and tonyt. I have never booked a holiday this far in advance but wanted to take hubby to Albena next year, as eldest daughter came with me this year and he has never been there. Have tried to book the Gergana with Balkan but keep getting no rooms available, I am restricted to school hols as I teach (sob sob), we want a clean hotel with a pool (don't know why after youngest obviously brought back virulent eye infection from a pool in Kavos but we do, yes I know BG is different) but just b & b, have tried booking on the Albena site for the Gergana and arranging flights separately but still comes up as no rooms available. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Or is this a ploy by Balkan to put the prices up having held some rooms back, would they have bought up all the rooms at the Gergana.

Many thanks. Nels.
Good morning Nels. All of their Hotels are coming up with same answer. suggest you phone them telling them what you are looking for, if they say they will take booking on phone demand the online discount. If you are near to Gatwick B.A. are the cheepest flights. have got two returns for 30 th May for two weeks at £74.10 each all extras included. Cheers Tonyt
Thanks a lot Tonyt. Stansted is the nearest but no flights to Varna so Gatwick is the only option although flew 3 years ago from Heathrow, and got upgraded with BA, the two youngest were with us then and now think they should travel like that all the time..... had to put a quick stop to that idea. Will try phoning but will have to be the weekend probably, never seem to get the chance in school, especially at the beginning of term.
Hi Tonyt, thanks for the info, would definately be looking for something on the flat, which is why we tend to go to Sunny Beach( Getting too big too quick )

8) Toonman
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.