Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Dave,

Yes you do need a card, and their Bulgarian website is HERE.

I think you get around it by chatting up a friendly taxi driver.

Peter
Hi Dave,

The Varna Metro issues 'day passes' to tourists, so I assume that the Burgas branch would do the same.

Baldur
Hi all, i am hoping to use the Metro next week, the Metro is the same as the Makro in the Uk. I emailed the Metro, they said so long as i take my Makro card + ID. I will then be issued with a day pass, they say if you have a registered company in Bulgaria they will issue a permenent pass, Paul.
Have used Metro twice - great place (exactly like Makro). Our taxi driver came in with us and sorted out a day pass with no problem. He even came round with us translating when we needed advise/assistance ! :lol:
Hi, went for the first time last week. Easy to register for a day pass (as previously said for an annual pass need a Bulgarian registered company). The lady on reception spoke good English and all you need is your passport. Good shopping!!!! Yvette
You just need to take along your passport, not problems. Piri
Hi Piri,

As you have (as I see from another post) a Bulgarian company, you are eligible to apply for a Metro Tradecard - entering the card number & branch on the Metro website will allow you to download their latest catalogues & offers.

Baldur
Thankyou Baldur for letting me know this - I had no idea. Piri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.