Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Mexico Exit Tax
7 Posts
Who are you flying with Jac as sometimes the fee in included in the ticket?
If it isn't already included in your operator price children under 2 don't have to pay :tup
They seemed quite relaxed about it when we returned in May -it was then 765 pesos each - I gave the guy 1600 pesos in notes expecting him to curse and start scrabbling about for change...but he just smiled and gave me 100 peso note back ,with a "have a nice day" !!
Sorry, I completely forgot about this thread!

We have since received an email from Thomas Cook stating they have changed how they are dealing with the Mexico exit tax and it will now be payable to Thomas Cook with the balance of our holiday, which is much easier for us. Infants aren't chargeable unless you've bought them a seat, in case anyone else is wondering.
They incorporated it into the holiday/flight price for all new bookings that depart after 1st May. If they're giving existing bookings a chance to pay the extra as part of their balance that's good. :tup
I went to Mexico in February last year and did not pay as went with Virgin, I also went in September with Thomson and I did have to pay, and paid at the airport to the airport staff in the queue before you got to check in. It was approx £30.00, if I remember correctly. Thomson REP in Mexico advised this was changeably according to what they are advised by the authorities and obviously nothing to do with Thomson.

I was not travelling with Children so can't help on that front, as don't know.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.