Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Maiseydaiseydoo wrote:
Is there any difference between these months?

The Mexicans think this is the best time to visit. May early June, not too hot and clammy.
Hi Maisey,

Given that hurricane season is between June/Oct, I think it is really the luck of the draw. Our son went to Mexico Oct and had a lot of rain. Returned in June the following year and only encountered a couple of showers. However, there weeks previous (May) the Riveria Maya encountered a lot of rain over several days.

We went Sept 12 and had wonderful weather (1x 20 min shower) returned the extact same dates the following year and had 4/5 days of heavy rain. Went to the Dom Rep in June this year .... great weather, and are planning to returns to Mexico early June next year.
We went to Mexico in June 2013 and had one day-time thunder storm. The storm lasted about 40 minutes (and was amazing to watch), and then the clouds took at most 2 hours to clear. It was a nice opportunity to go and have a look around Playa Del Carmen in slightly more manageable heat!

I think there were some showers at night time, we'd sometimes wake up to it being damp on the floor, but we never heard these. I would say go for it. We had booked again for June 2015 but had to change it to August 2015, so now i'm worried it'll be too warm!
We have been to Mexico twice end of Aug/Sept (2012/13) First year we had one shower during the day which lasted about 20 min . The following year we went over the exact same dates and we encountered a lot of rain over the last 4/5 days. As for the heat, I didn't encounter any problem as there always tended to be a nice breeze, although on occasions the evenings could be pretty humid. We are returning again next year, but June this time.

We went to Aruba 4 years ago as it is outside the hurricane zone, and I really found the heat very intense, so much so, I spent most of the day under the parasol! Also, the humidity in the evenings was a killer lol!
Went to Mexico late May/early June 2012 for our honeymoon. Overall the weather was brilliant, there were sometimes showers in the afternoon but not every day and nothing that caused us a problem.
Many thanks for the update Loiuse I hope you had a brilliant time on your honeymoon :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.