Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Hi
We went to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon 5 years ago, we stayed at The Las Palmas beach Resort (AI) it was lovely, we went last week of May 1st week of june. Lovely hotel, staff very friendly, food reasonable. We were about 15mins by taxi to the main town area where all the pubs and shops were. A word of warning: Drinks in town. They have 'an offer' which is a real sting, they ask you if you want the 2for1 offer on bottles, but what they dont tell you is that you are actually paying for all the drinks, nothing is free! But dont let that put you off! There was a restaurant called the bar with no name, the food was amazing, really huge portions. Weather really really hot, too hot at times, because of the heat, we had a lot of downpours on the night. If you want to ask anything else dont hesitate and I'll try and rack my brain. Definately worth a visit, lovely. we also went on a couple of trips, dont miss the safari jeep ride!
S;linky
Hi. We are looking at the Royal Decameron Vallarta in Bucerias. Are we mad to think of going in July (hurricane season)? Has anyone been on the Pacific coast in Mexico at that time of year?
Just to say I stayed here Jan 2 2006 for a week, at the Getaway Resort with my daughter. It was AI and no complaints, well just one, the towels were not available one night, the reception said the owner does not want to buy more. In the end we ended up with 8 towels. lol

The food was fine and plenty of it. You can drink all day from 10am.

Good resort for youngsters, it was an adult resort, 18 and up.

I booked through http://www.overstock.com

The weather was great about 80 degrees most days.

You can walk to town from the resort or catch the bus, really cheap.

Use the internet over the road, its cheaper, about $1 an hour and u get a password, so u can top it up.

Any other info just ask.

I bought a lovely leather handbag, they have loads of silver, cheap and tshirts etc.

Cherx:)
We went to Nuevo Vallarta a few years back, it was wonderful, we stayed at the Occidental Allegro Resort, but I have since heard that this hotel is not in any UK brochures. ( But I haven't checked ! )

The beach was lovely, there were loads of activities if you wanted, or you could just chill out, it was one of our best holidays !! :sun2

We went in November and we had one cloudy day with a few spots of rain, the rest of the 2 weeks were fabulous !
I'm thinking of booking mexico for our family holiday next year and was wondering what is the best time to go?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.