All Inclusive Holidays

Discussions relating to all inclusive style holidays
A I Mexico
18 Posts
8) Hi Dave
I too have beeen AI in Jamaica & Dominican , I found that the evening entertainment in hotel is more like dom rep ( I have just returned from the Bahia principe coba resort in Akamal - mayan riviera ) the resort was fab - huge 22 bars and 16 resturaunts good mexican music bars but the " shows " were like junior school plays :lol: . The great thing about mexico which unlike Dominican you can venture outside as it is safe, And there are more things to do and see the food is fabulous and the beaches are stunning . It was my second visit to mexico though last time i didn't go AI and it is EXPENSIVE.
I hope this is of some help - JULIE
Hi Dave. Not sure what part of Mexico you want to go to but i can highly recommend the Riu chain. We stayed at the Riu Tequilla in Playacar and it is THE best AI we have ever had. You can use the other Riu hotels in the ares and you can get to the local town easily when you want a change. We expected to eat out a few times but never did as the food and drinks at the hotels were so good and there was so much choice. All the drinks are international brands and you even have optics in your room as well as the mini bar which is refilled every 2 days.
Thank you both for your replys, I do like the bit about being safe to go out.

Dave
I totally agree with everything that "paulisreal1952" says in his post. We stayed at the Riu Playcar hotel (next door to Tequilla). The Riu chains are first class. We have also stayed at a Riu Merengue (3 hotels next to each other on the beach) in Dominican and found the entertainment better, but everything else the same (but you were advised not to venture out the hotels). In Mexico, it is very safe.
Hello again, I have been looking at the Palladium Grand Resort on the Riviera Maya I have seen some good reports on Trip Advisor but there does not seem much on this site has anybody ever been who can let me know what it is like. The only resson we are going is to get away from the football are the bars football free in July?
Thanks,
Dave.
Hi

Can thoroughly recommend Playacar. As other posts have said it is very safe to go out and about- a nice easy walk into Playa Del carmen or cheap in a taxi at $5. Can't speak for the RIU hotels but can put my vote in for the Iberostars- very, very nice and not a screen showing football in sight!! In fact I don't recall seeing a TV anywhere other than in our room.

We don't usually go back to the same place twice, but we will be back to Mexico. Wherever you stay I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Pam :D
Hi keepupwith

Noticed you stayed in an Iberostar in Playacar, can you tell me if it was the Paraiso Del Mar, and if so, which restaurant would you recomend for my son's 16th birthday. We travel on Sunday (25th Feb) and his birthday is on the following Thursday - do you have to book the al a carte restaurants?

Many thanks :D
Sorry - didn't mean to hijack the topic, apologies to everyone :oops:
Hiya Cadge 16

We stayed at the Tucan/Quetzal but I think procedures are the same at the Del Mar. We booked our a la carte reservations for the fortnight, when we arrived, apart from one which we booked later. For a Birthday, I would go for the Japanese- the show cooking was fab. Assuming the del mar is the same there is a choice of starter, then you choose your meat for the stir fry main and it is all cooked in front of you and then of course dessert. Personally didn't rate the tropical or steakhouse, enjoyed the Mexican and for the food the Italian had to be the best.

Maybe not the done thing to recommend another forum, but for information on the iberostar hotels go to:

http://www.iberostarboard.com

There won't be a question you can ask that someone won't have an answer to. The information there will really let you make the most of the hotel. You will love it, the Iberostar service is brilliant.

I to would recomend the riu hotels they are superb. We stayed at the tequilla but spent a great deal of time at the playacar, which is opposite a nice little parade of shops. You can walk into playa del carmen and it is nice to see the homes etc that some of the richer mexicans have. We had 3 weeks over xmas 2004 and did not once get fed up with the food. It really is superb and so much choice, I was not to keen on the al a cartes, but we are not big fish eaters. You can also get a bus down to the riu lupita from the playa cara and eat and drink there during the day it is not on the beach, it is next to a great golf course, so my husband says!
Just bear in mind the hurricane season cos we got caught in hurricane Wilma, on the second day of our holiday to mexico in 2005 and spent 5 days on the floor of a school- we then were returned home via the dominican republic and our hoilday ended a week early. Not nice i can assure you, we had little food and slept on small pads on the floor with water pouring in. Do not mean to be a kill joy but we did not realise that it was still hurricane season in october.

Turkey really as some superb all inclusives my husband never fancied it but we go at least once a year now, we go at easter for the 9th time.

Regards and good luck choosing the right place for you11
That struck a chord, Violet. We were hit by Hurricane Emily on our 2nd day in Mexico in July 2 years ago. We "camped" in the wreckage for 3 more days then returned home. I would only go to that area in the winter/spring now. Too risky.
I also love Turkey in the summer. You can rely on the weather there. :D
If it's Mexico then I'd have to reccomend the Casita Suites of the El Dorado Royale - heaven on earth!
Iberostar is the best chain (in my humble opinion) for Mexico.

Been to both IB Tucan in Playacar and got married in IB Paraiso Del Mar resort last year. Couldn't fault either hotel at all.

Just thinking about it makes me want to book up again.
I agree with Staceylc. We stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar in February and had a fantastic time. The quality of the hotel is superb, see my review for more details :wink:
Just to add my vote for the Iberostar Chain- after staying at the Tucan I wouldn't risk going with anyone else incase it wasn't as good!!

The only AI hotel I would ever stay at if I went back to Mexico is The Moon Palace Cancun, absolutely brilliant, a mini bar in your room stocked daily + a large two person whirlpool bath. I think there was about 12 swimming pools and restaurants so plenty of choice.
we have also stayed in moon palace absolutly brilliant, but we also stayed in riu cancun which is much mire central we have stayed in a few of the riu hotels and cannot fault them, always spotless, great service from staff etc
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.