Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Military Junta
11 Posts
we certainly saw nothing when we were in Thailand in July. :tup
Best thing that has happened to Thailand in years.
have you been out recently Ash?
I was there in June, no problems whatsoever, and off again in November/
We certainly had no problems but of course they would have had a lot of tourists who cancelled at the beginning of it all so they must have hit money wise. Where are you off to in November? We are heading back next July but nothing booked yet. The next big thing will be the death of the king. It will be interesting to see what happens then
I'm going to Bangkok and Khon Kaen in November. It will be my first visit for Loy Krathong.

The death of the King will be a biggie and what next? There is a very good princess by all accounts but the official successor is a prince who is.......not quite so good (purely from what I have heard, of course...)

The King is very well respected, and deservedly so, by nearly everyone, so I hope the successor can keep that going.
Khon Kaen- will have to look that one up :D
Yes the prince is not a popular option.
Khon Kaen is a big city in the North East but not very touristy. And all the better for that!
I am limited to summer really - not the best time for some areas
It does tend to be the rainy season but it's so variable now, just like the UK.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.