Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Did you write a review? as we are planning Delhi, Amirtsar, Varanasi, Agra, Jaipur and then down to Goa.

Would appreciate any tips, do's or don'ts, must sees etc.

Thanks
Hi Redstingers... :cheers

Varanasi.....one word...MAGICAL
How long will you be in Varanasi for ?

You MUST go on a dawn boat trip down the Ganges...see all the Ghats and watch the sunrise...Unbelievable.
You MUST walk the lenght of the Ghats and see all the fantastic buildings and people....Unbelievable.
You MUST watch the Aarti festival at night on the banks of the river...Unbelievable

The only drawback was its 99% veg and NO beer :yikes ..(although we did manage to get 6 bottles of Kingfisher from the back of a shop...they keep it well hidden...you have to ask :rofl )
Will you be arriving by plane or road or rail.... the airport has to be seen to be believed...its like one you see in the outback on TV...just one building and the luggage carrosel takes about 10 seconds to do one revolution...so tiny.

Got to go to work now... be back later with more info for you...if you wish PM me... :cheers
Hi Noggin
Menali, Rishikesh, mcCloud Ganj all great places to visit...
Redstingers I did a blog a few years running... unfortunately i didnt blog from Varanasi, Jaipur etc as i used to do round robins back then, :( but heres the address if you are interested in having a read about some of the other places including Amritsar etc: http://www.travelpod.com/members/gillip

chilly ;)
Madurai is well worth a visit as is Pondicheery. On the way from Mallapurnum to Kerala. 10k pilgrims pass through Madurai's temple complex each day, its manic. If you are into temples there are several other major temple towns in that area. Also worth a trip is taking the toy train up to Ooty.
we are doing mumbai,jodphur,jaipur,delhi,agra,varanassi then down to goa,didnt know varanassi was dry :yikes can anyone tell me if any of the other places are,can you get a drink anywhere in varannasi?
Chandigarh [ Nek Chand Fantasy Rock Garden ] :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.