Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What compensation are you after?

What was the total delay time based on your original schedule arrival time in ALC, compared with your actual arrival time?
Hi Traveller and thanks for the reply.

Not really sure if I'm after anything specific, not sure if I'm entitled to anything at all.

As I said it was a scheduled flight in case that makes a difference, we were due in to Alicante at 23.00hr but got there the next morning at 10.30, when we arrived in Barcelona it took an hour for them to find our luggage and another hour to transfer us to a hotel that was 5 minutes away.

When we checked in to the hotel we had to take to seperate rooms (not ajoining) with an adult and child in each and no refreshments were provided or indeed available to buy as the restraunt and bar both were already closed at 12.00.

The dining room opened for breakfast at 6.30 but we were collected at 6.45 allowing us 15 mins to try and get the kids fed and out front for the bus which was a tight schedule.

Friends had driven to Alicante to meet us only to drive home and then have to drive back the next morning, I also had to make several calls back to the uk to ensure my hire car was kept for me at Alicante.

In the end all worked out and we're not the complaining sort but there was a fair bit of inconvenience and an hour where we believed our luggage was missing, so feel I should complain to someone.

Ta for any advice.

Smiler
You could of course try writing to the airline - although I think you will probably only get a written apology. You may also find Iberia and British Airways bounce the blame between them. It may not be worth your time?

Sadly delays do occur and onward connections or travel plans messed up. I'm glad to hear that the airline at least took on the responsibility to provide you with accommodation and to re-book your new onward flight. It seems that at least you had a restful night and reached Alicante within 12 hours of your original flight.

At the end of the day I think you will have to chalk this one down to an unfortunate incident and an experience of travel.

Hope you enkoyed your holiday once you got there.
Thanks again for the feedback Traveller.

Will send off the letter and see how I get on.
Did have a good time once it got started.

Smiler
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.