General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It was definitely in Malta in May, but I had to leave it there :cry
I saw it in March :tup

I must have been out of the country...... :rofl :rofl :rofl
I've seen the sun for the last 12 days- only this sun has been made in Spain.
It's burnt my back, made me drink plenty, made my feet ache, made me have loads of showers a day and it doesn't disappear from the sky until around 8.30 pm.

I expect to see it tomorrow and Friday morning, but then sorry, I'm leaving it in Spain ready for when I return in eight weeks time.

Sanji ' :sun2
Yep, we've taken some of it here in Cyprus too.

I got burnt last Wednesday when we stopped off at Pissouri Bay about half way back from dropping off some baby equipment at a villa in Secret Valley. We were there no more than a couple of hours, went in sea in between drying off a few times and then had lunch on the terrace at Captain's Bay Restaurant. A very nice lunch we had there too. A little more expensive than normal but fantastic service. No more than 20 minutes wait for them to cook a huge pork chop for my other half. I had chicken in cream and garlic sauce.

Got some photos here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjAqdZUJ

Was sore for a couple of days after that but all okay now.

We've been up to the timeshare pool over the weekend and it's been very hot this week with temperatures predicted to hit 38C tomorrow and Friday. As I didn't take my half day today I went in early to work and me and my other half went up to the pool for an hour or so at 5pm. Nice and quiet then too so had a nice swim then dried off on a sunlounger with my Kindle.

:sun2
stop rubbing it in you two! (Or perhaps you should have rubbed some in :rofl )
It's a tough old life Fiona....

Funny because we don't really sit in the sun much in the summer months. In fact when we go on holiday to Egypt soon, we will all be the ones to be found sitting under the shade of the biggest umbrella we can find.

But we took our beach chairs with us to Pissouri as we fully intended spending a bit of time on the beach but it was quite breezy and our brolly wouldn't have stayed in the ground methinks!
Warm temps. here in Bavaria, definitely sitting outside weather.
I have even had heating on for a while- can't remember ever having heating on in July before this year.
Lovely photo's Cyprus :tup

Been nothing but grey skies and drizzle here for about a week :(
I've reserved the sun for September, sorry.

I used it in March too ;)
;)
Definitely in evidence in Alsace this summer, even this week we've had loads every day despite weatherunderground predicting rain and cloud every day.
;) It's arrived in Sunny Suffolk today! (not sure how long it'll be staying though!)
It appeared in Manchester last night and it is still here this morning.........a few black clouds are about so dont hold any hope for it to be sunny all day.
Sunny here, but it's just a spell, loads of rain clouds sitting around
It is here in Marmaris. Today's forecast is 42. Heading back to Scotland tomorrow and dreading trying to get all the washing dried.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.