General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi... when we were away last year in salou we were getting free mms messages.. i am sure i read about it some where on this site... mine is a pay as you go sim with free 500 text allowance....

scully27
Hi Chivas, I am on contract with o2 and also get free text messages, but unfortunately you do get charged for texting while abroad, each text cost 25p
I am in a contract with o2 it is on the web site saying 4 messages as per one while you are abroad cant describe where it is as it is complicated, so i emailed them as i am going away in 2 weeks and i got an email back that it still does apply free text messages to UK

Thanks for emailing us to find out if four text messages will be deducted from
your text message allowance, while sending a text message back to England from
abroad.

Please be assured four text messages will be deducted from your text message
allowance, while sending a text message back to England from abroad.

Please click on the link below for more information on international roaming.

this is what they send to me
This is Interesting, I wonder if they do take 4 texes plus 25p I was in Benidorm at beginning of April and each message I sent home cost me 25p now because I don't keep track of how many text mesages I send per month, I do not know if they also took 4 free messages too :yikes
cheers for the info.
Shakysgirl, They shouldn't be taking any money from you for texting!
I have not had any money taken off me for 18 months, if you can find your old bills check if they have charged you. I emailed last week just to make sure and get it in writing incase they do try and take some money off me
I have contacted o2 and asked why I was charged 25p they told tell me I was charged because I ran out of free text.
So in future I will make sure I have enough texts before I go.
in turkey last year i used my 02 contract phone for texting, and it took my free texts and still charged me for each time too,

customer services told me this is due to turkey not being in the eu........
surely it should be one or the other then!
I'd ring back and ask why they took off 4 texts when you had to pay anyway!
i used mine in turkey last year and I only had my four texts taken off me i did not get charged
Hi I'm also on 02 contract and have also not paid for texts from abroad they have taken 4 for each text sent from my 500 free allowance. Whilst away in the Dominican Republic in feb this year which is not the EU I didn't pay for my texts, only if I went over the 500 then its 40p a message.
sam
I'm off to Turkey next week with my O2 pay as you go mobile and 500 free text allowance, last year in Spain I was charged 40p I think (def charged though) they never took any of my free texts off me, just wondering what will happen in Turkey? Is it worth ringing them? There seems to be alot of differences in whether people are charged or have free texts deducted with O2??
Maybe they only charge when you have a pay as you go phone, even if you get free texts they may not count whilst abroad. I've never been charged with my contract phone with 02. Id ring up customer services though or it could end up being expensive when you get home,.
sam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.