Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
turkish sim card
181 Posts
hi aam
I just bought a Turkish SIM and never thought about that - do you mean if you haven't used it for 90 days it is disconnected? Maybe if you still have credit you could send a text to someone just to keep it active.
yeah, i do mean after 90 days.......i didnt think id be using it again therefore i have no credit left on it!?Maybe ill just have to buy another one and see!thanks anyway!
Hi,
I have an AriaTurkish Sim card, and this remains open for upto a year providing that credit is left on the phone. My credit was still on the phone when i returned to Turkey last September. I find this a very good service.
Cheers
Lorraine
I know you can top up TurkCell on the net but presumably the phone has to be in Turkey at the time.
Hey!thanks for all the replıes!Im now ın hatay ın turkey and brought the turkcell sım wıth me to try'.iput it ın my phone at ıstanbula airport and it worked and ı still had credit in it!İt looks like turkcell sims stay activated for about 3 months!Thanks!
I have read (or heard somewhere) that the government in turkey is considereing having all mobile phones being registered and that if you use one that isnt it will be permantly blocked. Is this true or does anyone have any information. I use a turkish sim card in my english phone when i am there but am given to understand that this will soon not be possible?

:hmmm
This new rule is already in place in Turkey, from the end of 2005. You need to register your English mobile with a Turkcell shop in Turkey, to be able to use a Turkcell sim card in your English phone. You need the IMEI number for your phone to be able to register it. It costs 5ytl to do this.

Elaine
Hi guys, we travel to turkey regular and have started usuing a SIM card from http://www.oneroam.co.uk I insert the sim into my phone,preloaded with credit ,which can be topped up iether by phone, text or online and away we go.Calls to anywhere in the world cost .28p per minuit and to recieve calls on your mobile from anyphone , anywhere in Europe (turkey included are FREE!! Furthermore if your phone is innactive for long periods you dont lose your credit like I believe the turkisk sims do.Check out thier website.
Hi
I use Alphatelecom for calls to Turkey they charge 14p a minute for landline and mobile. Does anyone know of a better deal.
Thanks
Diane
best mınutes or budgetcom are much cheaper, about 3 p a mınute!!
I use skype which is very cheap

John
Thanks for that I will check them out
Hi, does anyone know roughly what the call charges would be from a house phone to turkish mobile?From my mobile to a turk mob its about £1.20 a min, surely to use a house phone it would be a bit cheaper...?any ideas or info would be appreciated :oops:
You can get loads of good deals for phoning Turkey, either to a landline or a mobile.
Just google for "cheap international calls"
You should be able to find something suitable from around 6p per minute to a landline, 15p per minute to a mobile.

Elaine
If you look further down this page you will see a topic discussing this matter.

John
I think the topic further down the page is about calling while you are in Turkey - and I'm assuming aam is looking for information on calling Turkey while she is still in the UK.

Elaine
Elaine,

Have a look in that post below your last one which was on 19th January.

John
yeah elaine your right, i want to call a turkish mobile from a uk landline!
Hi aam,

The operators mentioned here for that then were;

alphatelecom,
best minutes,
budgetcom,
skype.

I do know people who use best minutes, and rate them very highly.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.