Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sydney, I presume you've already booked so you can add seats by logging into 'manage bookings'.
I have tried using the Jewel in the Crown reference number and the Monarch site tells me that it doesn't recognise it. I assume it is because ours is a charter flight and not a scheduled one booked through Monarch itself.

Anyway, I will call them tomorrow and speak to someone.
sydney, you are correct in saying that because you are travelling on a charter flight you are unable to book specific seat numbers. What you are paying for is to be guaranteed seats together (i.e. group seating). Only on Monarch scheduled flights are you able to see a seat map of the plane. More details of booking seats on charter flights can be found here. You will notice in the second to last paragraph that it says "specific seat numbers will be advised at chek-in."
Where will MON2490 to Goa be flying into Gatwick from?
Mobor One,

Looking Like It Will Be Operating In From Banjul As MON4515

Gower
Thanks Gower
Another question:
In premium, do you get the decent, over the head headphones, rather than the annoying ones which stick in your ears? Also, will we get an eye mask and ear plugs?

Finally (I think), is there an online magazine where you can see which duty free is for sale?

Many thanks
Mobor One,

Monarch don't publish their inflight magazine online as far as I know. You don't want to spoil it by reading it before your flight anyway! The headsets are classed as 'upgraded' so are over your head ones rather than in your ear (I hate them too). The aminity kits include ear plugs and blindfold as well as toothpaste etc.

Darren
Hi

I am looking to book a flight to Mexico next July. I usualy fly Thomson Airways. I considered booking with Thomas Cook this time but have been told that Monarch will operate this flight for Thomas Cook on the day I wish to fly.

Has anyone any experience of the Premium cabin on a Monarch long haul flight and can anyone compare the service, comfort level etc with Thomson airways (ex FCA flight). I am over 6 feet tall so this is important to me.

The prices appear to be very cheap and I wonder if this is a clear case of you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for any advice

jonboy :D :sun2
to compare airframe configurations [leg room etc take a look at the what aircraft thread
jonboywirral,

As Wizard Has Mentioned Our What Aircraft Thread Is The Best Place For Information (On All 3 Airlines).
There Is A 2" Seat Pitch Difference Between The Premium Cabins (Thomson Having The Greater Amount Of Room). Both Of Them Have Seatback IFE.

Gower

PS As Personal Preference It Would Have To Be Thomson
jonboywirral,

The main differences are as above. Monarchs premium product isn't as good as the others you mention, but then that's just my opinion. If you aren't too bothered about being in premium and just want more legroom, you can always look at extra legroom seating. You won't get seat back IFE etc, but if the price is right and extra legroom seating is available it could be another option for you. If the price isn't much different, then I'd go with Thomson everytime.

Darren
I'm glad to hear someone else hates the in-ear headphones. They always hurt after a while, and I was beginning to think I must have deformed ears!
We are flying on MON4278 LGW- Sharm on 14 Feb and back on MON4279 on 21 Feb. Can you tell me what type of plane it will be please? If we pay for extra legroom, will it be in a premium type cabin or just exit row? If exit row, will there be that big lump sticking out into the seat area nearest the door as we had on a flight once? I think it must be the escape chute! Only it made the 'extra' legroom worse than a normal seat not better!
mehmeh1,

It appears at the moment that your flight will be operated by an A300-600. However, it may be a little early to tell if this is the case until a pattern of flights emerges for the winter period. If it is this aircraft then there will be no premium cabin on the plane and the extra legroom seats will be ones that are at the exit areas, or alternatively ones at the very front of the aircraft. However, I can tell you that Monarch does not regard the seat immediately adjacent to the door at the exit areas (yes, this is the door bustle that contains the emergency chute) as an extra legroom seat and so you will not be seated here if you have paid for extra legroom.

There is a possibility that Monarch would use an ABX aircraft on this flight as well. Basically, this is the same type of aircraft but the section at the front of the plane is configured as premium seating. However, because premium seating is not sold on these flights then you would not receive a premium service and the dige-players usually provided to passengers who have purchased this service would not be handed out. Monarch usually use this aircraft on their flights to Goa during the winter period but it may do the odd rotation to Egypt as well. Only 1 Monarch A300, of a total of 4, has been converted this year to an ABX.

For more information on this aircraft you can visit Dazbo's What Aircraft Guide.
Partyboy - thanks very much for your help. I'm glad that Monarch don't sell those seats as extra legroom. We thought First Choice were very cheeky to charge us extra for such a seat!
Does anyone know how much 400 Embassy Regal or Embassy No 1 are on Monarch?
Hi,

We're flying out on Thursday from Gatwick to Goa on flight MON4372. Which aircraft will this be and where will it be coming in from? Also is an in flight meal provided, as it wasn't an option when I booked through Travel Republic.

Thanks in advance
RMcLeod79,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-GOI-LGW (MON4372/3) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide. The aircraft operates MON369/8 (Grenada via Tobago) before your flight. Meals are provided, drinks are extra.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.