Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Partyboy, do you have a price list for soft drinks/spirits etc?
Sydney, I will PM you these once I have a full list of them to hand :)
sydney,

I'm sure partyboy will confirm things with up to date prices for you, but the last time I saw prices were as follows;

Hot drinks (coffee / tea / hot chocolate): £2.00
Beers & wine: £3.50
Spirits: £3.50
Mixers & soft drinks (150ml): £1.00
Spring water (500ml): £1.60

Darren
Thank you Darren.

This is the first time in a while that we haven't had Premium seats and had forgotten how much things cost.
Hi
I am travelling to Tenerife on 23rd December from Manchester on Monarch at 0830, returning on 27th December in the afternoon.

Can anyone tell me what type of plane i'll be on?

I have booked extra legroom on row 2, but looking at the seat map, the first 8 or so rows are extra legroom as if a "premium" cabin. But with it only being Tenerife, I didn't think they offered a premium cabin?

Can anyone shed any light?
beccafcr,

Please quote flight numbers when you can as there are often several flights. Are you on the ZB564/8? Flights are operated by an Airbus A321-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link on my signature). Premium seating (if available) on short haul is only sold on an extra legroom basis.

Darren
Hi, Flying with Monarch to Mombasa next week. (TC package holiday)
I'd like to upgrade to the premium cabin - but the Monarch website seems to say this is only bookable through the tour operator.
Does anyone know whether it's possible to arrive early at the airport and pay directly to Monarch there for an upgrade - assuming that there might be one single premier seat not yet booked?

Also - does anyone know if Monarch still do specific seat allocation at checkin time
- rather than 24hrs in advance as do other charter airlines?
ukbill wrote:
Also - does anyone know if Monarch still do specific seat allocation at checkin time
- rather than 24hrs in advance as do other charter airlines?

Seating is allocated on a first come, first served basis at check-in. It's highly unlikely there'll be any spare premium seats left when you check-in. If there are, it's possible to upgrade on the day.

Darren
Hi we are flying monarch, premium economy 26th dec, gatwick to Goa. Can anyone tell me if there are packs with eye masks, ear plugs and blow up neck cushion provided? If not i will take my own. Many thanks
Lisa
lisaandrich,

Premium passengers receive amenity packs, but they don't contain blow up neck cushions as far as I know.

Darren
cheers darren , will take the one i got from thomson last time! stops my head from flopping and me dribbling everywhere when i fall asleep!!!
Current cigarette prices on Monarch:

Benson & Hedges (200) £24
Benson and Hedges (400) £35
Marlboro Gold (200) £24
Marlboro Gold (400) £35
Lambert & Butler (200) £24
Lambert & Butler (400) £35
Silk Cut (200) £24
Embassy No 1 (400) £35
Superkings (400) £35
Golden Virginia (5 x 50g) £24
Monarch puts winter 2010-11 flights on sale

A new Luton service to Gran Canaria and increased frequencies to Lanzarote, Tenerife and Alicante are part of Monarch's schedule for next winter.

The carrier has become the second in 24 hours to release details of flights for 2010-11 following Jet2.com. The airline is making more than 1.1 million seats available.

Flights from Birmingham and Manchester have gone on sale while those from Gatwick and Luton will be available from Friday (December 18).

Monarch's winter 2010-11 schedule includes:

- New route for winter: Luton-Gran Canaria - one flight per week
- Increased frequency: Luton-Tenerife - eight flights per week
- Increased frequency: Birmingham-Alicante - five flights per week
- Increased frequency: Birmingham-Gran Canaria - two flights per week
- Increased frequency: Birmingham-Lanzarote - four flights per week

Liz Savage, managing director of Monarch's scheduled services, said: "We are delighted to have our winter 2010-11 schedule on sale ahead of many of our major competitors, which provides customers with the opportunity to plan ahead and grab a great deal on flights to their favourite winter sun destinations.

"In addition to Alicante we are seeing huge demand for our mid-haul destinations this year, such as the Canary Islands and have responded to this with new winter flights to Gran Canaria from Luton and increased frequencies to Lanzarote and Tenerife meaning even more people can take advantage of our low fares."

With permission from Travelmole
Does anybody know what has happened to the Friday Monarch flight ZB 594 Manchester to Faro depart 1540 for next summer.
I have booked this flight for August 27th 2010 but it has now disappeared off the Monarch timetable, although it is continuing to show on other days of the week. I will be gutted if it has been withdrawn as have made all of my other holiday arrangements around this flight (airport parking, overnight hotel in Faro and resort transfers). The other flight that day is an early morning departure, which is a non starter as I have to travel down from Newcastle and am at work the previous day. I booked this flight because I didn't fancy the Easyjet scrum at Newcastle and vowed this year never to fly with Thomas Cook again, unless I had absolutely no other alternative.
Gonna email Travel Republic, who I booked the flights through, and see what they have to say.
  • Edited by bertie3 2009-12-19 17:36:39
Hi, does anybody know what films monarch are showing on their flights from
manchester?

jennyc,

partyboy_uk posted the current IFE details here.

Darren
If you are in premium can you only watch films from the premium list or can you watch the film that is playing on the main screen? I am in premium but really want to watch the time travellers wife. Thanks
Lisa
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.