Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
re lithium batteries on flights....
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:

You're better off packing anything that you don't need onboard the aircraft rather than taking it in hand luggage,.
Darren

I believe that airlines now BAN the carriage of SPARE lithium batteries (eg those from mobile phones and cameras) in checked baggage on passenger flights. I recently flew with Emirates and they were insisting passengers remove any spare batteries from checked luggage.
They seem to specifically insist that SPARE batteries are NOT allowed in checked baggage but those installed inside equipment are allowed - which seems strange.
A link from IATA which might be useful is

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/LithiumBattery_PassengerFlyer.jpg
another is
http://www.airsafe.com/issues/baggage/batteries.htm
I've never flown (scheduled) with Monarch Airlines.

Once EasyJet release their Summer 2016 flights, I'll be comparing prices with them and a few other scheduled airlines for return flights from Gatwick to Menorca, 8-14 July.

Can anyone tell me, please, what the likelihood is of Monarch changing the flight time once booked, and how reliable they tend to be?

I'm posting the same question in a couple of other threads.
Pippy wrote:

Once EasyJet release their Summer 2016 flights, I'll be comparing prices with them and a few other scheduled airlines for return flights from Gatwick to Menorca, 8-14 July.

Can anyone tell me, please, what the likelihood is of Monarch changing the flight time once booked, and how reliable they tend to be?

Same as the reply on the Thomas Cook thread.
Sunaddict wrote:
Pippy wrote:

Same as the reply on the Thomas Cook thread.

:tup Monarch are looking the most likely contender, along with EJ.
Flying ZB742 / 743 , A321, Looking at selecting row 25 as it is a Two seat row.
The only comment I can find for these seats is pre the new non recline seats which was less than favourable.
Is there any problem with row25 legroom with the new style seats.
Gatwick to Alicante, Thursday 28th April at 09.10, ZB262. I know it'll either be a 320 or 321, just wondering if you know which? Gracias!
On a recent flight from Malaga I paid extra to seat one seat behind the seats over the wing. I enquired whether, as only one person was occupying one of the five seats, I coul move - I'm a bit in the tall side- but was told no unless I paid extra. So for the entire flight only one person occupied the row of seats over the wing. My question is, is that safe? If we ditched how could that one person open both seats of doors??
VERY unusual for the flight crew to stop you in such circumstances -as you say, they normally encourage people to occupy these seats even without paying extra - provided you look reasonably fit and able to operate the exit doors.
I always pay for the extra legroom as I'm 6'4" - but on a recent Easyjet flight my wife and s-i-l moved into empty exit row seats with the blessing of the cabin crew.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.