Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
just had my tickets sent to me from olympic holidays

it says we are both allowed 20kgs, but when we booked we only took the 15kgs to keep cost down.

does the 20kgs mean 15kgs for a suitcase and 5kgs for hand luggage?
Hi. Thanks for Wiazrd Mod, Mark757 and Prettypollycat

I have now sorted my Monarch flight time change of 6 hours dilemma.

Alpharooms after two requests eventuallygave in and said if Igve my friend the booking confirmation and he had any check-in problems they had added note to their system and he should call their emergency number if reception refused check-in.

I contacted Monarch and their customer services said that for scheduled flights they regard a change of over 2 hours as significant (which surprised me because I thought it would be much more to be classed as significant in their eyes) so I could transfer to another flight within 30 days of original or a full refund.

Holiday taxis also amended the airport to resort transfer for free too.

Therefore, have asked for refund of flights and am going with another airline from a closer UK airport therefore saving on taxi costs.

Thanks everyone. :cheers
Wiggleworth, 5kg is usually the amount of luggage allowed for charter flights such as yours but the best thing for you to do is check with Olympic to see exactly what has been booked for you.
I am flying on a scheduled monarch flight from manchester to larnaca, can i check in my luggage the night before and what is the hand luggage allowance ? Thanks
For ZB flights the hand luggage is 10kg. There is no day before but you can check in online, unless you are travelling with an infant or as a party of 10 or more people.
Hi there, need some help on this flight, MON1828, Manchester to Corfu every Monday due out at 11am. This flight has had severe delays all season long, last week about 14 hours and this week its still not taken off. Thats a 9 hour delay!! :( Can anyone tell me where does that flight come in from and why the lousy delays?? :que Thanks in advance!
The aircraft for this flight positions in from Gatwick before the flight to Corfu. It appears that this flight is delayed due to a technical problem with another aircraft in the fleet which it has been substituted for.
Brilliant, thanks for this info. So if a Gatwick plane goes tech they use the Manc/Corfu plane, doesn't seem fair to me :(
The flight it was substituted onto was in fact a flight from Manchester. Technical problems with aircraft are not uncommon although I must admit it does seem Monarch have had their fair share of them this summer. During this time of year it can have a significant knock on effect, hence the lengthy delay to this flight. Hopefully, anybody traveling on this flight will be on their way shortly.
thanks for putting the reply partyboy_uk, as i was supposed to be on MON1828 in two weeks at 11am but my flight times have been changed to 16.45pm, just hope they are no delays..
Hi everyone.

Ive just booked flights for my parents (Birmingham to Malaga) with Monarch for next year.
Stupidly i did not read reviews first (we always use BMI Baby who have never let us down) and im now horrified at all the bad reviews in relation to delays with Monarch.
My parents hate delays more than most of us :cry and as it was a gift to them im now gutted at the thought of poor service especially as the trip is only for 4 days.
Anyone any comments please?? Is their timekeeping really that bad?

Thanks

Jo
haven't used them for a couple of years, in the past they were marginally better than most, this year they have had a lot of technical problems [but then again so have Thomson fly] hopefully over the winter they will get a chance to sort themselves out as i am looking at them for next year also

wizard
I've just come back from Lanzarote. We were on time going out and an hour delayed coming back which the captain said was due to congestion over France. The plane had been delayed on the route it had been on prior to flying out to Lanzarote.
gatwick / larnaca 09/10 mon 3488 16.45

does anyone know the reg of the plane for this flight tomorrow?
wiggleworth wrote:
gatwick / larnaca 09/10 mon 3488 16.45

does anyone know the reg of the plane for this flight tomorrow?

Most likely G-MONJ
Hello

We are on flight number ZB542 Manchester to Fuerteventura on 24.11.10. Can you tell me what plane this will be please?

Thanks very much!
Jaynehappy,

Your flight will be operated on an A321-200. For more information on this aircraft visit the What Aircraft Guide
Thanks for the quick reply, its much appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.