Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
NicPAL,

That's only a question you can answer. If you think you'd like the extra seat pitch, you may think it's worth booking it.

Darren
Dazbo, we are flying fron MCR to Faro 16/2/2013 on flight no ZB580 what aircraft is this likely to be ?
we booked this in July last year and so far they have changed the flight times on no less than 4 occasions !!! the latest being yesterday albeit by only 5 mins, but previously from a morning flight to an afternoon one , we now lose 1 day of our break. :offtop
Novisad,

MAN-FAO-MAN (ZB580/1) are operated by Airbus A321-200.

Darren
THANKS DARREN, would you know why they have to change the flight times on so many occasions ?
we never get any replies from Monarch !!
nosivad,

It could be for any number of reasons. Schedules are put together many months in advance so things sometimes have to change for operational reasons such as air traffic and airport slots.

Darren
Hello
I will be travelling to Tenerife South on 26 February 2012 ZB934. I have already reserved extra leg room seats 10D - 10E, and seats 11B - 11C. however I cannot remember if these seats are on the Wing or in front of it. The only thing I can find is that it could be either a 757/200 or A321/200? The problem with that is that 757 is in front of the wing and the A321 is on the wing. Reason for asking is my sister is travelling with us in the seats behind and now I find she doesnt like sitting on the wing :duh ! so I need to see if I can change her seats if necessary. I shall stay where I am :D

Would be grateful if someone could help. Many thanks

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
nannym,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-TFS-BHX (ZB934/5) are operated by Airbus A321-200. The seats you've reserved are by the R2 door area, just infront of the wing. They aren't over-wing exits.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
nannym,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-TFS-BHX (ZB934/5) are operated by Airbus A321-200. The seats you've reserved are by the R2 door area, just infront of the wing. They aren't over-wing exits.

Darren

Darren

Thank you very much. I found a diagram of the a321 and it does look as though the seats are on the wing! Thank you for setting me straight. What a relief, I can now tell my sister not to worry :cheers
Hi Darren, we are flying Manchester to Antalya 18/05/13, flight number ZB 520,do you know which aircraft it will be?
minione,

MAN-AYT-MAN (ZB520/1) are operated by Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Hi, really hope someone can assist (or point me in the right direction).

I was on Monarch ZB648 on 22 July 2012 which left Manchester 3 hours and 8 mins late, but I am trying to find out what time it landed in Larnaca. All the flight stat sites I've found either don't have the reported data from Larnaca or don't go back that far. Does anyone have a way of finding out?

Thanks for any suggestions/help in advance.
jay2012,

It's a bit late to be asking for this information now really as it's 8 months ago. Is this information needed for a compensation claim? If it departed 3 hours late, it will have landed about the same amount of time late as there's only so much pilots can do to make time up in the air.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I know its late - I've only just realised that we might be eligible to make a compensation claim.

We originally booked a 3.30pm flight to arrive at 10.30pm local time (travelling with my young daughter) then they changed the schedule to 5.50pm landing at 12.30am...already not great but nothing we could do about it as they gave us 2 months notice (but wouldn't allow us to change flights/get a refund).

Then the flight was delayed for 3 hours and 8 mins late, so due to land at 3.38am which completely messed up the first couple of days of our holiday as we were all so shattered. I don't know the exact time it landed but we didn't make up substantial time in the air - I guess if I put a claim in with (approx) by the landing time, Monarch will turn it down quite swiftly if we did make up enough time to be under the 3 hours delayed landing time. Which is fine - if that's the case then that's that. What really narks me though is I've looked at the same flight for the 3 months before and 1 month after we flew and its ALWAYS delayed. Every single week by anything from 30 mins to 5 hours.
Oops clicked submit when I meant to preview - didn't get to typing thank you very much for the reply!
jay2012,

To be honest, for a 3 or so hour delay, it's probably not worth the hassle making a claim. Your flight from MAN-LCA is 3474km so is borderline for being entitled for making a claim with the level of delay experienced. Any delay will take in to account the departure time, not the arrival assuming it was a non-stop flight. There's nothing you can do about weather or ATC once you're in-flight. While I can understand you being tired with not reaching your destination until the early hours, it's not the longest delay in the world so in the grand scheme of things, isn't all that disruptive. I've been on the receiving end of a weekend delay, 52 hours to be exact so know more than most what delays are like. You'll probably just get directed to your holiday insurance in the first instance and given most have an excess on them, it's not worth it with such a short delay. While delays are inconvenient and frustrating, they're a part of air travel just like traffic jams are on motorways. You might find the following topic useful; AIR PASSENGER DELAYS AND OVERBOOKING

Darren
Can you please advise what plane is flying MAN-SSH ZB684 on the 27th April & SSH-MAN ZB685 on the 11th May? Thanks
callumdougan wrote:
Can you please advise what plane is flying MAN-SSH ZB684 on the 27th April & SSH-MAN ZB685 on the 11th May? Thanks

Your flight both ways is due to be operated on an A300B4-605R. More details on this aircraft can be found on the What Aircraft Guide. Have a great holiday :)
Hi, Just booked flights to Tenerife for 11/02/2014 two adults, booked the essential deal whereby i get 20ks baggage...standard seat selection..and free online check in, i now want to upgrade to extra leg room seats, £19 pp each way, i have tried the upgrade facility, but when i click on price breakdown, it is saying to pay £100 49, can anyone explain, :que thanks in advance.

Regards
The Preacher
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.