Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Re: Monarch
1869 Posts
The Preacher wrote:
Hi, Just booked flights to Tenerife for 11/02/2014 two adults, booked the essential deal whereby i get 20ks baggage...standard seat selection..and free online check in, i now want to upgrade to extra leg room seats, £19 pp each way, i have tried the upgrade facility, but when i click on price breakdown, it is saying to pay £100 49, can anyone explain, :que thanks in advance.

Regards
The Preacher

Hello Preacher,

As the price for extra legroom seats on flights to Tenerife is usually £25pp each way, I can only suspect that the upgrade button you have selected is the option to upgrade your seats and not from the Essentials package to the Extras option that provides extra legroom. I am unsure if this packaged option is changeable once booked. However, I may well be wrong, and the airpack deals are a relatively new feature to the Monarch website.

I would say your best bet is to ask the questions on the Monarch Facebook page. They are a friendly bunch and usually very helpful with such questions.
We are flying to Luxor on the 25th of March on MON2418, returning a week later on MON2419. Can anyone tell me which aircraft we might be on? Also, we haven't booked in-flight meals, is anyone able to confirm if we will be able to buy snacks on board? The website isn't very clear!
Corinne76,

LGW-LXR-LGW (MON2418/9) are operated by Airbus A321-200. Snacks are available inflight, a menu is here. Scroll to the bottom of the page. You can always take your own onboard.

Darren
Corinne76 wrote:
We are flying to Luxor on the 25th of March on MON2418, returning a week later on MON2419. Can anyone tell me which aircraft we might be on? Also, we haven't booked in-flight meals, is anyone able to confirm if we will be able to buy snacks on board? The website isn't very clear!

Hi Corinne,

As Darren pointed out, you are able to purchase snacks on this flight and you are welcome to bring your own food. However I can tell you that on this flight all passengers are given a meal each way (breakfast o/b and dinner i/b), served with tea or coffee. I should point out though that the breakfast served is not the same as the one you can see on the website of the link posted above but one that is chosen by your tour operator.
Thanks both. We will buy some food at the airport but I always seem to get really hungry when I fly so it's useful to know that I can get extra on board if I need to. We were offered the option of paying for in-flight meals at £15 each but chose not to so I'll be surprised if we do get given anything!
One further question - are we likely to get any IFE?
Corinne76,

IFE details are on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). No, you won't have any IFE.

Darren
Thanks Darren, I'd read the What Aircraft? guide so I've no idea how I missed that bit. Better take a good book with me!
Does anyone know the aircraft type? In-flight entertainment available?

Thanks
Welcome to the forums agreensh :tup

Am sure someone will be who's able to help shortly.
agreensh wrote:
Does anyone know the aircraft type? In-flight entertainment available?

Thanks

agreensh,

Just for future reference, it would be greatly appreciated if you could remember to post the dates of travel. The LGW-BJL MON4514 is usually operated on a B757-200 (although it is due to be operated on an A300B4-605R on the 22 and 29 Mar). More details on these aircraft can be found on the What Aircraft Guide.

There is IFE on this flight which is provided by overhead screens down the centre of the aisle. The IFE shown will depend on the date of travel but this will comprise of a series of short programmes and a film. The films currently being shown are:

o/b
The Lucky One or
Ice Age 4

i/b
Thunderstruck or
The Rock of Ages

I hope this helps. If you need any further information then please do not hesitate to ask. Have a great holiday :tup
Hi there!

Ive just booked my flights from gatwick to sharm for July 9th -23rd. I booked row 3 a,b but was unsure if row 2 (being the front row) actually had more space? I know I probably cannot change this again if it has. Doh! Also a bit concerned as when I went to choose my seat there seemed to only be 3 other seats on the aircraft taken up. The seating plan also shows 2+4 at the fron then 3+3 seat further back. Can anyone confirm if this is right? If not how is it actually laid out? Was looking to just only the 2 of us sitting next to eachother.

Sorry for all these questions!
Graeme
Hi Graeme,

Your flights, the ZB248/9 are both due to be operated on an A330-200. You can find out more information about this aircraft on the What Aircraft Guide.

With regards to legroom space at the front of the aircraft, I would say you would probably get slightly more space in row 3 ab because you would have use of the footwell area under the seat in front here whilst in the front row you would be sat behind a bulkhead wall and any bags you want with your person during the flight would have to be stowed in a hat bin for take off and landing. Personally, I would stay put.

The configuration at the front of the aircraft is in fact 2-4-2 and in the Main cabin is 3-3-3. In order to see this you need to drag the scroll bar at the bottom of the seatmap across to view the rest of the seating area. I wouldn't be too concerned at the fact there are few people who have yet chosen to allocate seats on the aircraft. Allocating your seats at the time of booking is entirely optional and sometimes not possible for people who have made their booking via a third party travel agent, and have not made their booking direct online with Monarch. At least you will be able to turn up at the airport without the worry that you will not be sat together, somewhere you really don't want to be, or next to someone you don't want to be with.

As it happens, you have chosen some very good seats on this aircraft. This plane is often used for long haul flights and as such the front section of the aircraft is used as a Premium cabin. Although a Premium service is not offered on your flight to Sharm el Sheikh you will at least have the benefit of wider and more comfortable seats in a separate cabin, along with the extra legroom

You can view pictures of the A330 cabin here:

A330 Premium
A330 Main Cabin

I hope this all helps but if you have any further questions then please do not hesitate to ask. Have a great flight :tup
could you please tell me what plane will be used for flight number ZB684 manchester to sharm el sheikh on thursday 11th april?

thanks

holly
Hi Holly,

Welcome on board. Flight ZB684 from MAN to SSH on 11 April is due to be operated on an Airbus A300B4-605R. You can find out more information about this aircraft on the What Aircraft Guide. If thre is anything else you would like to know then please don't hesitate to ask.
Hi, what plane is used for our flight to dalaman from leeds/bradford on 21st may, flight number ZB7534
Hi booker,

the ZB7534 from LBA on 21 May is due to be operated by an A320-200, Again, details of this aircraft can be found on the What Aircraft Guide.. Luckily, Monarch are basing two of their brand new A320 aircraft out of LBA for the summer and so I would expect it to be on one of these.
Hi I am flying to Crete from Birmingham 27th September ZB914 can anyone advise which aircraft is used please and also whether hot food can be purchased on board (we opted not ot pay for meal).

Also is £45 each way pp a good price for extra legroom seats? On Monarchs website if we had booked flight direct with them these are only £18.99?

Thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.