Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
HappyHols62 wrote:
Hi I am flying to Crete from Birmingham 27th September ZB914 can anyone advise which aircraft is used please and also whether hot food can be purchased on board (we opted not ot pay for meal).

Also is £45 each way pp a good price for extra legroom seats? On Monarchs website if we had booked flight direct with them these are only £18.99?

Thanks!

As you didn't book direct you can't upgrade direct. You'll probably find the agent has added a charge onto the top of Monarchs. We always book in the extra legroom rows at the front of the cabin when we fly with them. Well worth it to us.

Scroll to the bottom of this link http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/food-and-drink/what-can-i-buy-onboard and the buy on board is there.
Hi, I am about to book flights for my husband and I from Manchester to Alicante (ZB682) on 14th September and returning on 21st September (ZB683). We will be booking extra legroom seats but will be travelling with our then-to-be 18 month old son, so with him still being classed as an infant (ha - he's huge!) we are limited to the seats we can choose. So I'm hoping someone could help me with choosing the best option.

The only extra legroom seats suitable for infants are the centre seats of rows 1, 3, 5 and 7. I was suprised that row 1 was included as I thought infants were not allowed in exit seats, but the seat planner definitely shows this. Initially I thought row 1 would be good as there would be nobody in front to recline their seat. But I have read that the legroom might not be as good as the other seats, and I am also concerned that we will be right near the toilets (partly because of the smell but mostly because I don't fancy having people queuing up in front of us waiting their turn). Would we be better choosing one of the rows further back and just hoping the person in front doesn't recline their seat? We flew to Turkey with TC when I was pregnant and the standard seat was a nightmare, when the person in front reclined I couldn't move. So I can't imagine sitting with a large toddler on my knee, there physically wouldn't be enough room for him to sit, it's not like a tiny baby where you can lie them on your chest. The reclining thing might not be so much of an issue with the extra legroom seats though, as you have more room to begin with? And at least further back we'd be able to lift the arm rests to get a bit more room (I believe they are fixed in row 1 due to them containing the tables). So I'm a bit unsure which option to go for!

Finally if we do choose row 1, would my husband be better sitting in the aisle or by the exit door? I believe the exit seats might have limited leg room?

Thanks in advance :)
The exits seats are marked with an E, and infants cannot sit in them. Sometimes it's just the aisles seats that are designated as exit seats. I would put your husband in one of those. There is plenty of legroom in the extra legroom seats at the front of the cabin, even if someone does recline. With row 1 there is no seat in front to put your feet under, so can be more restrictive, and there isn't usually any overhead storage above your seat. Plus your tray table is stored in the arm rest so makes the seats slightly narrower.
EHL2206,

Your flights, MAN-ALC-MAN (ZB682/3) are operated by Airbus A321-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is very much personal preference but as you'll be travelling with an infant, you'll be limited to certain rows you can choose. This is due to the requirement of having extra drop down oxygen masks to accomodate an infant (ie 4 rather than 3) so you can only choose those with an 'I'. The infant must sit with at least 1 parent on that row. Row 1 is positioned behind a bulkhad so although it's the front row with extra legroom, it's not positioned at an exit and therefore an infant is permitted. As seat A doesn't have an emergecy exit slide positioned there like on some aircraft whre seats are positioned adjacent to the door, there's no difference in legroom to the B or C seat. As you're behing a bulkhead screen, even though the seats are extra legroom, some find them a little limiting as you don't have a seat in front to strech your legs under, only a screen. It's personal preference to be honest and depends how long your legs are! I've sat in those seats and some further back and there are pro's and cons of both really. Most of the toilets on this aircraft type are at the rear, but there is one at the front on the port side at the other side of the doorway. People will normally congregate in the door area but you will get people in the isle plus there's a galley on the starboard side. Rows further back may be less distracting but it's whatever you prefer ultimately. Seat pitch is 34" in the extra legroom rows. It's not too long of a flight and I sometimes we all read too much in to which seatis 'best'. You'll be comfortalbe on and of the rows mentioned really.

Darren
Thanks for the info Darren and Sunaddict, it's been very helpful. Think we'll probably sit a bit further back and avoid the bulkhead screen as my husband is quite tall :-)
Hya dazbo, flying monarch to palma 22/5/2013 flight no ZB532, can you tell me what type of plane please ? also coming back 29/5/2013 flight no ZB 535
cheers !

Merged with existing topic Dazbo HT Mod
juby 5,

MAN-PMI-MAN (ZB532/5) are operated by Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Hi Darren,

What aircraft will be flying on ZB532 14th May, returning 23rd 533.
Cheers
gav008 wrote:
Hi Darren,

What aircraft will be flying on ZB532 14th May, returning 23rd 533.
Cheers

I've just seen the post above, however online the seat plan is 3-3-3? There's 2 flights on the 14th morning & afternoon flight - I've selected the 7am
The ZB532 on 14 May is due to be operated on an A300-600 and the ZB533 on 23 May is an A321-200 :smile:
Hi all,

We've just booked a last minute week in Sharm el Sheikh, travelling on ZB248/249 on 12/05/13 & 19/05/13. I've been on this flight before but on a Thursday in peak season 2 years ago. Can you let me know the aircraft type and what the preceding flight is so we can keep an eye on potential delays.

Many thanks,

Tom
TMW9725,

LGW-SSH-LGW (ZB248/9) are operated by Airbus A330-200. I won't know the preceding flight to ZB248 until next month when the summer schedule starts. The preceding flight to ZB249 is the outbound ZB248.

Darren
Thanks Darren. That'll make a change from the normal A300... Love the A330 and I've not been on one of Monarch's before. My favourite is still the ex. My Travel version with the downstairs toilets :)

Tom
TMW9725,

I can tell you that the flight that precedes the ZB248 is the ZB765 MAH/LGW on the 11 May. Have a great holiday :)
Thanks Partyboy. I can keep an eye on things now! :) x
Hi there

I am traveling on ZB438/439 in June to Fuerteventura, I booked on Monarchs website on the ''holidays tab'', but i believe this is actually done via cosmos. They have quoted me £25 per person, per way, which i think is pretty steep. I imagine this is because it goes via cosmos, is there a way i can book these direct with monarch?

Thanks alot
adsuk,

What is it you're trying to book? A holiday, flights, luggage, extra legroom seats? It's not clear from your post what you've been quoted £25 for.

Darren
Oh sorry, Yes, extra leg room, ive booked the holiday and flights as a package holiday, cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.