Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Ok, will leave it until we check in and see what cost is then, as before have been offered better price, but im guessing in June the flight will be pretty full so never mind. Cheers
adsuk,

I would be surprised if there are any available by then as they generally get booked up quickly at that time of yes and they rarely reduce the price. It's not the longest of flights.

Darren
I book them every time we fly Monarch to Lanzarote in September, and I can only remember once there was a couple empty, and then they offered them for sale on the aircraft, at full price.
Hi

I'm flying to Antalya from Manchester on the 21st September, flight number ZB520.
Does anyone know what type of plane will be used?

Anthony
Imbrugliasboy,

It's an A321-200 as Sunaddict says.

Darren
hi
we are flying from gatwick to sandford on 27th july 13
we are on flight MON329 out and MON328 back
does anyone know what aircraft these are
have tried asking monach but am told do not know yet
please help as need to book seats to ensure we are all together
many thanks
gemini15

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
gemini15,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-SFB-LGW (MON329/8) are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi there!

Looking for some information and advice please!

Flying out 18/7 on ZB424 and back 01/08 ZB425 BHX / LPA / BHX

Can you advise if this will be an A320 or A321 please?

Also - In relation to extra legroom seats, I've been quoted approx £170 return for a family of four for these seats. Would be interested to hear the thoughts of people who have used these seats before and if they think they are good value or not - I believe the seat pitch is 34" in comparison to 28/29".

Thanks in advance.
jc1,

BHX-LPA-BHX (ZB424/5) are operated by Airbus A320-200. You'll fnd extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Extra legroom seats give you approximately 5 inches extra seat pitch. They are nice if you want the extra room and are prepared to pay for it. Bear in my these are behind a bulkhead at the front of the A320-200. Children may not get much benefit if they are young / short and can only occupy certain seats, not the exit rows. If you're average size and aren't too fussed about the extra seat pitch, I can think of plenty of things to spend £170 on! It's really personal preference.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
jc1,

BHX-LPA-BHX (ZB424/5) are operated by Airbus A320-200. You'll fnd extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Extra legroom seats give you approximately 5 inches extra seat pitch. They are nice if you want the extra room and are prepared to pay for it. Bear in my these are behind a bulkhead at the front of the A320-200. Children may not get much benefit if they are young / short and can only occupy certain seats, not the exit rows. If you're average size and aren't too fussed about the extra seat pitch, I can think of plenty of things to spend £170 on! It's really personal preference.

Darren

Thanks Darren - appreciate your time as always. I'll give the extra legroom seats some thought, still undecided.....
Help with three questions please:

I've had to remove your pasted text as we aren't permitted to include pasted items unless permission is granted by the copyright holder. Check-in details are on Monarchs website. Dazbo HT Mod

I've printed my flight confirmation for flight ZB7450 Sunday 12/05/2013 from East Midlands to Faro and this says that check in opens 2 hours before?

Which is it? 2 hours or 3 hours?
We are a group of 13 travelling and would like to try to get seated in the same area (without paying £182 to sit together!!) so would like to arrive as soon as check in opens.

Any advise on this would be be appreciated as nearly £200 to guarantee seats together is very steep in my eyes.

Can anyone help? I dont want to have to call the helpline and wait to ask the question as its 10p a minute and when i tried i was 8th in the queue!

Also 5 of us have booked 1 piece hold luggage at 20kg. We thought this meant one bag to be checked in at 20kg and then onboard hand luggage at 10kg each. But the print out lists 20kg max for the people who have purchased bags and 10kg for those that havent? Surely its 20kg plus hand luggage? confusing.
rodneyac wrote:
Also 5 of us have booked 1 piece hold luggage at 20kg. We thought this meant one bag to be checked in at 20kg and then onboard hand luggage at 10kg each. But the print out lists 20kg max for the people who have purchased bags and 10kg for those that havent? Surely its 20kg plus hand luggage? confusing.

If you've booked hold luggage you get 20kg, plus 10kg hand.
rodneyac,

Recommended check-in time is 2 hours prior to your departure time for short haul, 3 hours for long haul. As you're on a scheduled flight, many seats will already have been allocated online prior to you arriving at check-in. You'll be allocated whatever seats remain. There are no guarantees you'll get 13 seats together, in fact I'd be very surprised on the day if there are that many all together free. You may be close together, but I can't see there being 2 and a bit full rows free. The only way to guarantee you are all together is pre-selecting your seats. The checked bag(s) you have paid for are permitted to be 20kg for each one that has been purchased. Each passenger is also permitted hand luggage up to 10kg each free.

Darren
I'm hoping you guys can clarify some things for me, as I am getting different answers from the travel agent, from the tour operator and from Monarch themselves.

I'm a vantage card holder and used to using ZB.

However, we're looking to travel to Hurghada from MAN on July 19th, which is a MON flight, MON5328, returning on Aug 2nd on MON5329.

The travel agent claims Monarch still have some A321s which are all charter pitch with no extra leg room at the front, whilst the tour operator doesn't have a clue. Monarch on the other hand, in one breath told me there was extra leg room available and pre-bookable, but then in the same call advised me that it was "all charter configuration." :que :que :que

The reason I'm apprehensive about booking is that my partner is 6' 8". Whilst he is ok with the extra pitch at the front of the A321s, if this isn't offered on this particular round trip or if row 10 either can't be pre-booked or is already booked up, we simply can't make the trip.

Looking at the info on here, there is no differentiation between seating plans (as I suspected), but I can't find any info on whether what is offered on ZB by way of Monarch Plus is also available on a MON flight number and the conflicting info. has only confused me.

Can anyone shed light on this for me please with a definitive answer, and is there anyone on here able to see in MON's reservation system whether row 10 or extra leg room would be available for us to reserve on those dates please?

I must admit, I'm a little annoyed that I have to resort to asking on here for information which, in all honesty, should be clear and available anyway - shame on them all !

Thanks. :tup
PrimaVista,

All Monarch aircraft have extra legroom seats onboard. The aircraft used on ZB and MON flights are the same, they are from the same fleet and are rotated between charter and schedule flights all the time. I would go back to your agent or contact Monarch directly to equire about availability on your flight. Thay may be booked already and therefore unavailable.

Darren
PrimaVista,

What Darren says above is correct. It may also be worth taking a look at the Charter Extra Legroom page on the Monarch website. If you are still having difficulty after consulting this page and contacting the relevant people then I would suggest the Monarch Facebook page is a good place to enquire further. They tend to get things done there.
On MON flights you can't prebook extra legroom (or seats together) until 90 days prior to departure, and then your seat numbers are advised at check in.
Thanks for all your input and feedback.

It's as I believed it to be...moral of the story; never believe a travel agent ! ;)

Thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.