Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi SarahPriestly, could you please let us know the date you are flying so we can help you :-)
sarahpriestley,

MAN-TFS-MAN (ZB568/9) are operated by Airbus A300B4-605R. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Do you know what aircrafts normally fly to antalya, Turkey from gatwick? As i have just booked a holiday to there for next august (2014) thought it might be too early for you to give me my specific aircraft. But just incase my ref number is: YS09441

Many thanks, Kaneohighflyer
Kaneohighflyer,

The flight references you quote are from a brochure, they aren't flight numbers. LGW-AYT-LGW (ZB204/5) on the date specified are scheduled to be operated by Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Petty question I know, but, what newspaper do you get in the premium cabin?
Can any one tell me please how strict monarch are with hand luggage weight? my daughters are flying out to majorca in the morning, for some reason we thought they could take 10 kilos each, now we realise its just 5 .. we have packed/unpacked and packed again to try to get it to the right weight. they are taking VERY minimal clothing.. and weve got it bang on 5 kilos.. BUT they still havent packed make up and hair straighteners brushes etc! if its slightly over allowance will they get charged.. or worse still have items taken from them?

:que
mitchellclr wrote:
Can any one tell me please how strict monarch are with hand luggage weight? my daughters are flying out to majorca in the morning, for some reason we thought they could take 10 kilos each, now we realise its just 5 .. we have packed/unpacked and packed again to try to get it to the right weight. they are taking VERY minimal clothing.. and weve got it bang on 5 kilos.. BUT they still havent packed make up and hair straighteners brushes etc! if its slightly over allowance will they get charged.. or worse still have items taken from them?

:que

I thought Majorca was a scheduled destination, so 10kg? Or have they booked a package through a different tour operator?
No way to say definitely about overweight hand luggage. From Monarchs website

"If you think your baggage is going to be overweight or too large, click here to add a hold bag to your booking now.

If your hand baggage does not comply with the restrictions, you will be charged £50 or €60 at the gate and your baggage will be placed in the hold. (You will be able to remove any essential items like keys, medication, travel documents or valuables first.) "
Thank you sunadict .. not sure about the booking, it was done on the internet... but my daughter phoned the company to re-check hand luggage and they said it is definatley 5 kilos.. thats such a small amount compared to the usual 10 kilos ..
mitchellclr wrote:
but my daughter phoned the company to re-check hand luggage and they said it is definatley 5 kilos.. thats such a small amount compared to the usual 10 kilos ..

Monarch has scheduled (flight numbers that start ZB) flights and charter (flight numbers that start MON) flights.

All flights to PMI with Monarch are preceded with a ZB flight code. You can read Monarch's own luggage policy on their website.

I don't know what company you refer to in the above post but if it is a travel agent then I am guessing they apply a blanket 5kg advise to their customer when making bookings with Monarch since they will make bookings on both scheduled (ZB) and charter (MON) flights, thereby avoiding possibility that the customer will take too much hand luggage.

My advise would be to pack 10kg (or 2 bags up to 10kg, with one bag under the seat in front), keeping within the dimensions, and go prepared with this luggage policy page should there be any problems. I doubt there will be.

Be advised though that if the flight is busy and a lot of people have big bags then your daughter may be asked to place this hand luggage in the hold (free of charge).

Hope this helps :tup
I'm guessing the tour operator may be Thomas Cook as some of their packages have seats block booked on Monarch, amongst others. When they do this, they set the luggage allowances, both checked and hold.
it was booked with truly holidays.. something my daughter found on teletext holidays.. if that helps?

Thank you partyboy .. have had a look at that link and it was very helpful.. :)
mitchellclr wrote:
it was booked with truly holidays.. something my daughter found on teletext holidays.. if that helps?

Thank you partyboy .. have had a look at that link and it was very helpful.. :)

In that case as the aren't a tour operator and will have booked them a flight only, (and accommodation separately if they booked both) the allowance should be 10kg.
Just returned from Cyprus a few days ago and was on Monarch airlines from Birmingham. I must say we had a great flight, the cabin crew were superb and yes i would travel with them again. No hard sell like many other airlines, they maybe budget, but it was all so quick, no queues and check in really very quick.

Well done
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.