Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Everyone,

Could you please tell me what plane and if possible the age of the plane I will be flying on.

I am flying on flight no: ZB958 from Birmingham to Palma on the 6/5/14 at 06:10am with a return flight on the 13/5/14 at 10:40am flight no: ZB959.

Any info you can Find, e.g route previously flown on night before or the planes code would be much appreciated as I am a very nervous flyer and have been known to have panic attacks due to this, therefore my way of dealing with this, is to gain as much info as I can about my flight, to put my mind at ease.

Thank You

Adam
MrBluenose87,

Welcome onboard :tup
BHX-PMI-BHX (ZB958/9) are operated by Airbus A321-200. The age of the aircraft isn't really relevant due to the level of maintenance aircraft undergo. Once they've been through a D check, they are like new. Monarch operate a mixed age fleet from 10+ year to brand new. The exact aircraft you'll have on the day is impossible to know this far in advance.

Darren
Thank You for the info Dazbo.

I flew with Monarch same time last year, their cabin crew could not have been better they were patient and fully understood my fear of flying.

From my Hol snaps from last year I think I flew on G-OZBN/G-OZBM is there anywhere I can find info on these planes?

Thanks

Adam
MrBluenose87,

What information would you like on those airframes?

G-OZBN; Built in 2000, previously registered as G-MIDK with Bmi up to transfer of ownership on 02/04/2007. 34103 hours at 31/12/2012. Powered by 2 x International Aero engine V2533-A5 turbofans, maximum take-off weight (MTOW) 89000kg.

G-OZBM; Built in 1999, previously registered as G-MIDJ with Bmi up to transfer of ownership on 15/01/2007. 36764 at 31/12/2012. Powered by 2 x International Aero engine V2533-A5 turbofans, maximum take-off weight (MTOW) 89000kg.

Darren
Hi Daz (& co)
As I am aware there are only 2 A330 aircraft operated by Monarch , assuming that 1 is for the London region & that 1 is based at Manchester what days do they fly from Man & to where & what space is there for service intervals ??
Malc
malchancock,

The aircraft are rotated regularly. Aircraft are serviced (maintained) on an ongoing basis and time built in to the schedule for is. I don't have the time at the moment to list all the A332 flights from MAN, I'll try and get round to it.

Darren
Hi all

We are flying from Luton to Dalaman on 8th September 2014 flight numbers ZB 826 and ZB827.

I have never flown Monarch before or been to Turkey so it will be a new experience!

I have managed to book extra leg room seats both ways 10 b and c one way and 26 E and F the other way, are these seats ok? what plane is it?

Also, is there any IFE on board or shall we take our own!!

Many thanks
Watford Travellers,

Those seats are as good as any others. LTN-DLM-LTN (ZB826/7) are operated by Airbus A321-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircrft? guide (link below).

Darren
Afternoon
Currently at tfs
Waiting for zb 285 to lgw

Small delay and apparently aircraft change could any one tell me what's the change and what config to expect
Thank you so much
vodkasuntan,

I would expect the same type due to an aircraft with a technical problem.

Darren
Hi, I'm flying Manchester to Paphos in the Summer with Monarch Airlines. I wanted to know what aircraft they used? Thanks.
leomartin125,

Please quote all your flight details, especially flight number and dates of travel when requesting aircraft information. There of several flights (Wednesdays and Sundays) so I can't give details unless I know which one you're travelling on. Aircraft types vary between flights and time of year. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hey folks, apologies if this is the wrong thread, I noticed someone else asking a Monarch related question based on flights from East Midlands was referred to post here and not East Mids thread.

So...

Not flown for a few years now and not done on-line check in before. Seems simple enough, but I was wondering do Monarch actually have a quick bag-drop desk for hold luggage at East Midlands? I know Ryanair gives you no option but to form the same queue as you need to check in on-line with them, Monarch obviously gives the choice, but East Mids isn't as major as some airports so wasn't sure. I imagine quite a few people do elect to pay for pre-booked seats so how much quicker on-online check in is will be revealed when the time comes...
Ryanair only need one type of queue :D

I don't know about East Midlands, but every time I've used the Monarch bag drop at Manchester it's been a lot quicker.
Hi,

I'm flying ZB634 or MON634 as it is sometimes called. Manchester to Paphos on Sunday 6th July.

Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
leomartin125,

Please quote all your flight details, especially flight number and dates of travel when requesting aircraft information. There of several flights (Wednesdays and Sundays) so I can't give details unless I know which one you're travelling on. Aircraft types vary between flights and time of year. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Another query, this may belong elsewhere so apologies if that's the case but...

When it comes to the prices of Monarch flights, is there any trend on how they change over the months before the actual flight? Right now its £110ish to fly to Tenerife from East Midlands. In September its £150ish. Is the price likely to climb as you get closer to the date, or does it generally reduce slightly? I mean the flight I was looking at in June was flying out on the 10th and is 75=80% empty still, unsure if its best to book ASAP or if in August say the price would be lower. I appreciate there may not be a hard and fast rule to this but still.

cheers for any info.
JoeyB wrote:

When it comes to the prices of Monarch flights, is there any trend on how they change over the months before the actual flight? Right now its £110ish to fly to Tenerife from East Midlands. In September its £150ish. Is the price likely to climb as you get closer to the date, or does it generally reduce slightly? I mean the flight I was looking at in June was flying out on the 10th and is 75=80% empty still, unsure if its best to book ASAP or if in August say the price would be lower. I appreciate there may not be a hard and fast rule to this but still.

cheers for any info.

There's no way to tell how full or empty the flight is by looking at the online seating plan. Flight prices fluctuate all the time, based on supply and demand as well as other factors. No way to tell what they're going to do. Just book at a price you're happy to pay, and then don't check the prices again :yikes
Sunaddict wrote:
JoeyB wrote:

cheers for any info.

There's no way to tell how full or empty the flight is by looking at the online seating plan. Flight prices fluctuate all the time, based on supply and demand as well as other factors. No way to tell what they're going to do. Just book at a price you're happy to pay, and then don't check the prices again :yikes

Ah I see, why is this? Surely since it shows you available and unavailable seats it would update fairly often to ensure they're not double booking seat numbers for those paying to reserve seats?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.