Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
So hopefully The Times has got this all wrong.
[list][/list]Hi Daz , hope you can help me again.
You said awhile ago that Zb 684/5 dept 08.09 would be an a330 (&monarch seat plan allowed us to book seats on this ) but seat guru web site is now saying that this flight will be operated by a a321. Has monarch changed the plane or is seat guru wrong ?
Cheers
malc
Seatguru is often wrong. Log into your booking and it will show you the seating plan.
Hi Darren

Flying to Tenerife on December 9th from L.B.A. flight number ZB7504. Could you please tell me which aircraft this will be.
Regards

Tony
sharpy,

LBA-TFS-LBA (ZB7504/5) are operated by Airbus A320-200.

Darren
more reports in press today regarding Monarch and the restructuring. Cetainly appears the airline is changing its business plan dramatically and importantly looking for pension changes which can be on existing terms lucrative to crew. So changes to terms could be troublesome. The coming months will be inteesting as the airline moves away fom long haul and scheduld flights to concentrate on a so called low cost model utilising B737 900 series aircraft.
Hi I'm flying gatwick to Sanford 2nd October mon349, is there a link to what IFE they will be showing
Hi,
I'm travelling this Sunday (21st) MAN-PFO on ZB634/5.
We've booked seats 27A/27B.

Am I correct in saying this is operated on an Airbus A321? Also, do these seats actually have a window view and not a blank wall? We've never flown on this aircraft type before so not familiar with the layout.

Kind regards.
Does anybody know when Monarch reveal their timetable for next year?
uktony wrote:

I thought summer were already on sale?
Sunaddict wrote:
uktony wrote:

I thought summer were already on sale?

So it seems they have stopped flying to Gran Canaria from Manchester, as that is the flights I was looking for as we fly with them twice a year for a number of years to Las Palmas.
Looking at flying luton- sharm el sheikh 20th-30th November. ZB96/97. Anyway to find out if it is likely to have the new non-reclining seats? What are the chances the flight will be anywhere near busy at that time- eg is it worth paying an extra £20 each to prebook seats?
jenecho1,

Welcome onboard :tup
Aircraft are rotated regularly so its impossible to say if you'll have an aircraft with the newer seats on the day or not. Flights are normally pretty full so it's your choice whether the prebooked seats are worth the peace of mind or not.

Darren
Thanks for the quick response. Is the plane really likely to be full at the end of november? I had assumed it would be quite quiet. The seating plan online only has half a dozen booked, mostly with extra legroom.
Jenecho1, I think that you need to work on the assumption that if it was't going to be close to being full then an airline like Monarch wouldn't be flying the route in November. As Darren says, only you can decide whether the chance that you might be separated from a travelling companion etc is worth paying the extra to avoid.

SM
Thanks for the quick responses. It is actually slightly more complicated than that- travelling with a baby and toddler so will have to be seated together per Caa rules, but considering extra legroom especially with the lap infant if there are unlikely to be any extra seats around.

Does anyone know if you can change your seat selection later from your choice at booking stage ?
Sorry I don't know the answer to your specific question re changing it later but you will need to bear in mind that you won't be able to book any of the seats by the emergency exits if you are travelling with a toddler and infant.

SM
The number of seats shown as booked on the seating plan isn't an indication of passenger numbers, only of those that have paid to prebook seats at this stage.
CAA have no rules on seating, only guidelines. You do not have to be seated together. If you don't prebook you may all be together. It could just be that you get one adult with the child and the other sat separately with the lap infant, or you may find that the adults and child are on separate rows. Bear in mind that the adult and lap infant will be in a centre seat, so could find themselves with a stranger on either side. You really do need to prebook for peace of mind. You can always add it on at a later date if you don't want to do it straight away.
Hi there!

I'm hoping someone can answer this very specific question if possible!

Looking at next years summer holiday and fancy a trip on a Monarch A330 for a change - I'm a wee bit fed up the usual 737-800 / A320 / 757 etc.

I've noticed Monarch fly the A330 to Tenerife and Egypt in between the usual long haul flights to Orlando and I would happily go to either of those detsinations. Are Monarch likely to continue this for their 2015 schedule?

Would love to hear if anyone knows at this early stage what flights the A330 will be used on.

Dates of travel; 25-27th June for two weeks.

Thanks in advance!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.